Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    RainbowRob

Canon IRC3220 Fax Problem

I've got two IRC3220's that I'm trying to install fax boards on. In both cases the fax option does show up on the screen as if everything is ready to go however when you enter the fax number and press send nothing happens and it just sits and waits. The other interesting thing is when receiving a fax it connects and says receiving on the display but nothing every prints out. I'm wondering if there is something else I need to activate or "turn on". Both the machines and faxes are used but working. As for connectors there were two at the top right of the fax unit (large one and small one) and one at the bottom left. There are some unused connectors from the copier side that may be for other options or is it possible that I'm missing a connection. Also I have updated the system software and fax firmware with the latest. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Technician
    do you have a resolution switching board? the resolution switcing board is a required option when installing a fax on the 3200 series.seats in pci slot on main cont. I think its the lowest board.check function in service mode display _acc-cst _send. value should =1 0= not installed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Pretty much as above, the resolution switching board is required to convert the scanned image into a format for faxing (also plays a dual role in doing the conversion to pdf/jpeg for universal send).

Same applies to iRC3100 series with fax, I had the same thing happen when I found another tech had 'borrowed' the resolution switching board from a floor machine and I then had a fun time tracking down a replacement.
    No, I will not send you Manuals, Software or your own little repair Genie to fix all your problems for you.

RainbowRob
    Thanks for the responses. The switching board was missing from the fax kits and I didn't have the installation instructions outlining all the components of the kit. You guys are great. Thanks again for the help.