Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon iR3300 Printing problems

Hi,
    I have an old Canon iR3300. A few days ago, after a long period of using it like a copier and printer, suddenly the HDD became a little noisy and the copier started to reboot and the display showed "download mode". I replaced the HDD and the copier started to work fine. But when I tried to reinstall the machine as a network printer (on a W10 based netwok) I couldn't print any file. If I ping the printer's IP the result is OK. I cannot connect with the printer by mean of Remote UI, even the setting is 'on'. Could it be a problem with the new HDD? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Canon iR3300 Printing problems

First question I would have is did you re-flash the firmware, or just pull the drive out of another machine?

Try a different browser for the RUI... some don't play well.

If you can ping it, but can't print it MAY be a print driver issue. Which print driver did you use?.... The iR3300 series does not use UFR II....only PCL 5 and PS. (Not PCL 6)

Latest system firmware isv45.01, and you might be missing the PCL/PS file on the system.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    First question I would have is did you re-flash the firmware, or just pull the drive out of another machine?

Try a different browser for the RUI... some don't play well.

If you can ping it, but can't print it MAY be a print driver issue. Which print driver did you use?.... The iR3300 series does not use UFR II....only PCL 5 and PS. (Not PCL 6)

Latest system firmware isv45.01, and you might be missing the PCL/PS file on the system.

Good luck!
    Thank you guitar9199.
    I only replaced the HDD with another. Don't know anything about the new HDD (if it woked before or not). I'll try to do what you kindly suggested and I'll keep you informed about the results.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

There are two types of firmware on this model, you may have installed the 'C' system software you actually need to load the 'N' version
    Or if you used a HDD from another machine that may have just been a 'c' type model (only a copier not printer)
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk