Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon iR-ADV c250 Message "Cooling...Please Wait"

Hello All,

We have recently installed a Canon iR-ADV c250 at a location and the next day its started randomly displaying the message "Cooling...Please Wait" along bottom of the screen. During the duration of the message the machine cannot be used, none of the buttons/touchscreen work. It usually last 10 to 15 mins before the message disappears and the customer indicated that It happens several times a day. The machine is hooked up to a good quality surge protector with EMI/EFI filtering. Firmware is up to date.

Naturally we assumed the we likely had a faulty machine and since this was a new install we opted to swap out the device to keep customer happy. The swapped out machine is now doing the exact same thing.

So this time we came to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with the customers power so was asked them to switch the device to a completely different power outlet (CIRCUIT). The customer has done this and the message still persists (with the second machine). Th interesting thing is, the unit we replaced (Kyocera Multifunction) worked fine.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this on the Canon iR-ADV c250? Could someone with access to the Canon E-Support Portal please look for me and see if there are any issues being reported by other techs?

Thanks in advance for your help,

-Mark

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Canon iR-ADV c250 Message "Cooling...Please Wait"

Any error codes ?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Is it possible that "down sequence" is being activated? This occurs when the temp of the fixing film is too high at the ends in comparison to the middle of the film. I had one device a few years ago where this occured, but I can't remember what message was on the screen. I'd also take a peek at the alarm codes if you don't see any error codes in history. Perhaps you could also compare the temp readings on a working device to the one in question, copier>display>analog, I believe is the location.
    BTW, I didn't see any info from Canon regarding this.
    Do you MMI clear the devices prior to setup?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Just for giggles, go into the machine's power settings and set it for "High" power in sleep mode. I've seen low power do strange, random things to Canons.