Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

canon Imagepress 1110 Light copy

Hi Everyone,

I have image press 1110 printing light copy, installed new developerunit, drum and chargers worked for 500sheets and printing light again. some time it wont print picture background if it is gray.

Any suggestion please.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon Imagepress 1110 Light copy

Re: canon Imagepress 1110 Light copy

Quote Originally Posted by Alex ahir View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have image press 1110 printing light copy, installed new developerunit, drum and chargers worked for 500sheets and printing light again. some time it wont print picture background if it is gray.

Any suggestion please.
    ======================================

If you turn Potential Control off in service mode will Copy Quality stay normal

light prints ??

is issue on prints only ?? are glass copies also light ??

if either-------------------or both
    check the contact between the secondary transfer roller and the bias contact. This is located on the rear side of the ITB assembly.
    if poor contact---
    reform toward the secondary transfer roller.

is printer adding toner

EXAMPLE
    To verify the loss of voltage to the secondary transfer roller check the following service mode; Copier>Display>HV-STS level 2>2TR-Base & 2TR-CLNV. If these voltages are displayed as 0V, bias is not being applied to the secondary transfer roller and causing the washed out image.

2TR-Base displayed voltage level will vary based upon the type of paper registered in the paper drawers. The value will range from -1485V to -9000V for double sided coated media.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: canon Imagepress 1110 Light copy

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ======================================

If you turn Potential Control off in service mode will Copy Quality stay normal

light prints ??

is issue on prints only ?? are glass copies also light ??

if either-------------------or both
    check the contact between the secondary transfer roller and the bias contact. This is located on the rear side of the ITB assembly.
    if poor contact---
    reform toward the secondary transfer roller.

is printer adding toner

EXAMPLE
    To verify the loss of voltage to the secondary transfer roller check the following service mode; Copier>Display>HV-STS level 2>2TR-Base & 2TR-CLNV. If these voltages are displayed as 0V, bias is not being applied to the secondary transfer roller and causing the washed out image.

2TR-Base displayed voltage level will vary based upon the type of paper registered in the paper drawers. The value will range from -1485V to -9000V for double sided coated media.

Yes printer is adding toner.

Print and copy both are same.

i didn't check bias contact yet.

When i remove the developer and checked the mag roller there was very light toner appears there. i turn the developer other side and put it back i will print dark image for lets say about 200 to 300 pages after light again.