Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Lightbulb Errors "e000020-01a2" and recurring paper jam

Hi all,

I recently purchased two Canon IR 2570Ci printers which both had errors in the hope of getting at least one of them fully functioning by exchanging parts.

The first printer gives a recurring paper jam every time I try to print from trays 1 and 2, but printing in A4 from the stack bypass works. Also, it claims that the toners are full, yet the prints are all very faded, so I guess the toners need to be replaced.

The second printer leaks black ink and gives the error "e000020-01a2" whenever it tries to print. I've looked this up and it seems that a colour developer needs to be replaced, but I'm unsure as to whether the first printer would be in a better state of repair.

What do you think would be my best bet in getting one of them fully functioning?

Thanks in advance

Technician

Re: Errors "e000020-01a2" and recurring paper jam

Magenta colour assy is faulty needs replacing

Quote Originally Posted by Manuas View Post
    Magenta colour assy is faulty needs replacing
    So are you suggesting that the second printer should be repaired, and not the first? And how would I replace this colour assy? Would you mind elaborating please?

Thank you in advance

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Errors "e000020-01a2" and recurring paper jam

Ok the IRC2570 was a problem machine from new. Your best bet is to find a local dealer & book an engineer to visit & assess both machines he'll inform you which machine is the better of the two, he can then swap all the best parts & make one good machine.

These machine have most likely been stored in a cold damp warehouse so once kept overnight at room temperature may start working OK.

However it would definitely be worth getting a good Canon tech to service the better of the two for you.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Ok the IRC2570 was a problem machine from new. Your best bet is to find a local dealer & book an engineer to visit & assess both machines he'll inform you which machine is the better of the two, he can then swap all the best parts & make one good machine.

These machine have most likely been stored in a cold damp warehouse so once kept overnight at room temperature may start working OK.

However it would definitely be worth getting a good Canon tech to service the better of the two for you.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I cannot afford a complete maintenance visit by an engineer and I hope that with persistence, the problem can be resolved independently.

After some research into the error code from the second printer, I've found that I would need to clean the patch detection sensor, the ATR sensor and replace the yellow developing assembly - is this correct?

The first printer is overall in an aesthetically worse condition and decided to drop the error "e000748-4000" yesterday which means cleaning the sub PCBs which seems to indicate that it is in disarray compared to the second printer.

If it is indeed the case that the second printer that will be used, then is it possible to transfer the automatic document feeder from the first printer as the second printer does not have one?

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Errors "e000020-01a2" and recurring paper jam

Trust me book a tech to assess these machines you WILL save money in the long run. You are immediately looking to replace parts when they may not be necessarily be needed!

A good tech, like myself, could have at least one machine up & running in about an hour, maybe even both, then you could sell the other one on & cover your costs!

Are you in Birmingham UK?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Trust me book a tech to assess these machines you WILL save money in the long run. You are immediately looking to replace parts when they may not be necessarily be needed!

A good tech, like myself, could have at least one machine up & running in about an hour, maybe even both, then you could sell the other one on & cover your costs!

Are you in Birmingham UK?

Yes that's right, I'm in Kings Heath if that helps!