Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon ImagePRESS C600i

Hi all,

I have a problem with the above machine where there are dark patches printing at equal distances across all the colours.
    It's almost like it's getting stuck at some point but to happen to all colours is weird...Could it be a drive mechanism.
    There is a white line appearing on the PG5 but I know that is a drum issue of course.PG5_M_IPRC600.pdf

Could it be the ITB that is making this happen? Although on Black it's not showing any dark patches.

Any suggestions?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon ImagePRESS C600i

Re: Canon ImagePRESS C600i

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin98 View Post
    Hi all,

I have a problem with the above machine where there are dark patches printing at equal distances across all the colours.
    It's almost like it's getting stuck at some point but to happen to all colours is weird...Could it be a drive mechanism.
    There is a white line appearing on the PG5 but I know that is a drum issue of course.PG5_M_IPRC600.pdf

Could it be the ITB that is making this happen? Although on Black it's not showing any dark patches.

Any suggestions?
    ======================================

run a pg10 and post it
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ======================================

run a pg10 and post it
    PG10_IPRC600.pdf
    I have attached a PG10

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon ImagePRESS C600i

PG10_IPRC600.pdf
    I have attached a PG10

=====================

don't see any issues on that test print/

is issue from glass copies only

post some of your docs with issue
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    =====================

don't see any issues on that test print/

is issue from glass copies only

post some of your docs with issue
    This machine does not have a DADF. Did you see the PG5 Magenta I posted??

PG5_M_IPRC600_edit.pdf

I have added below more of the actual PG5's...

Attachment 34770Attachment 34771Attachment 34772Attachment 34773

It's interesting when you put them side by side that the lines all correspond with each colour.
    Last edited by Benjamin98; 11-17-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

This machine does not have a DADF. Did you see the PG5 Magenta I posted??

PG5_M_IPRC600_edit.pdf

I have added below more of the actual PG5's...

Attachment 34770Attachment 34771Attachment 34772Attachment 34773

It's interesting when you put them side by side that the lines all correspond with each colour.
    This unit has a shared
    DEV. H.V. PCB ASSEMBLY, COLOR, FM0-2938-000
    Which is why you only see this fault in all color PG5s as mentioned in your original post but not black.

I would replace this first. If issue was only Magenta i would replace developer drive motor, gears and belt.

If it was all colors and black i would clean ITB Encoder wheel and sensor.

Hope this helps
    -R
    Some people may say I have a short temper, but I prefer to call it
    "A swift and assertive reaction to bullshit"

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    This unit has a shared
    DEV. H.V. PCB ASSEMBLY, COLOR, FM0-2938-000
    Which is why you only see this fault in all color PG5s as mentioned in your original post but not black.

I would replace this first. If issue was only Magenta i would replace developer drive motor, gears and belt.

If it was all colors and black i would clean ITB Encoder wheel and sensor.

Hope this helps
    -R
    Thanks Randall,
    I was actually thinking of that board, unfortunately will have to order it in. Not possible either at the moment to change from the customer's other C600.
    It seems we have a problem with the Magenta Dev itself, there is a white line appearing only on Magenta. Have confirmed it's the dev but it was literally replaced this week and had only done 660 pages.
    Do you know if there is a way to open it and check if there is a foreign particle in there causing it? Just from looking outside its not possible to see anything

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks Randall,
    I was actually thinking of that board, unfortunately will have to order it in. Not possible either at the moment to change from the customer's other C600.
    It seems we have a problem with the Magenta Dev itself, there is a white line appearing only on Magenta. Have confirmed it's the dev but it was literally replaced this week and had only done 660 pages.
    Do you know if there is a way to open it and check if there is a foreign particle in there causing it? Just from looking outside its not possible to see anything
    If the problem is in dev unit, you can see the void on mag roller of developer, this is caused by toner chunks in developer. Hopefully your toner and hopper aren't contaminated with chunks...this is alot of work...ie removing the hopper assembly and vacuming out all of magenta toner.

Remove toner bottle hold nozzle and shake vigorously to break up any chunks or seperation, then reinstall.
    Run STIR-M in service mode, then run Pg5 see if problem is gone or worse. If either case is true, set density at 255 run 10-20 pg 5, set it back to 128 run 1 pg5, check result. If not present done, if voids are present replace.

UNOFFICIAL REPAIR, perform at own risk

There are 2 plastic screws on top of unit, remove them.
    3 -4 pop clips on back side opposite side of mag roller, gently unclip them, the top cover will come off exposing the doc blade above the mag roller, there are 2 screws on at each far end, carefully remove them (remember the mag roller is very magnetic and stronger than your screw driver). The doc blade should have bosses that hold it in proper position, when removing lift out and up away from mag roller. There will be developer and toner stuck to the blade, vacume this off, do not wipe off with dust cloth or paper. Look for the void, you should plainly see the chunks, above them. Scoop these out with a folded piece of paper and discard. CAREFULLY, replace doc blade on the bosses taking care to NOT contact blade and roller. Also make sure brass contacts are underneath blade. Hold in position with thumb at the center and rotate mag roller quarter turn to half turn in downward direction. If no voids replace screws and top cover and screws. Reinstall and check type 5.

-r
    Some people may say I have a short temper, but I prefer to call it
    "A swift and assertive reaction to bullshit"

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    If the problem is in dev unit, you can see the void on mag roller of developer, this is caused by toner chunks in developer. Hopefully your toner and hopper aren't contaminated with chunks...this is alot of work...ie removing the hopper assembly and vacuming out all of magenta toner.

Remove toner bottle hold nozzle and shake vigorously to break up any chunks or seperation, then reinstall.
    Run STIR-M in service mode, then run Pg5 see if problem is gone or worse. If either case is true, set density at 255 run 10-20 pg 5, set it back to 128 run 1 pg5, check result. If not present done, if voids are present replace.

UNOFFICIAL REPAIR, perform at own risk

There are 2 plastic screws on top of unit, remove them.
    3 -4 pop clips on back side opposite side of mag roller, gently unclip them, the top cover will come off exposing the doc blade above the mag roller, there are 2 screws on at each far end, carefully remove them (remember the mag roller is very magnetic and stronger than your screw driver). The doc blade should have bosses that hold it in proper position, when removing lift out and up away from mag roller. There will be developer and toner stuck to the blade, vacume this off, do not wipe off with dust cloth or paper. Look for the void, you should plainly see the chunks, above them. Scoop these out with a folded piece of paper and discard. CAREFULLY, replace doc blade on the bosses taking care to NOT contact blade and roller. Also make sure brass contacts are underneath blade. Hold in position with thumb at the center and rotate mag roller quarter turn to half turn in downward direction. If no voids replace screws and top cover and screws. Reinstall and check type 5.

-r
    Thanks Randall! Very much appreciated
    I will try all that and report back as to what I find.