Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Canon irc1325/ir adv 250i no image cyan and magenta

I have a Canon irc1325 that has a copy quality issue.
    The black and yellow side of the mc are fine .The cyan and magenta are very faded hardly any image at all.
    I have changed cyan and magenta drums and tried a new Image Transfer Belt as well.
    It looks like the cyan dev and magenta dev cylinders arent turning so you just get a ghosty cyan and mag image.The IT Belt has been stopped to ascertain whether the image is good on the belt prior to transfer to the paper and its not.
    The dev cylinders are driven by one motor and 4 clutches 1 for each colour Im suspicious that 2 clutches would be failing.I have checked the coupling at the rear and compared the yellow to the cyan and magenta couplings and they look ok and the same.
    Has anyone had this issue or any ideas on this range of mcs

Re: Canon irc1325/ir adv 250i no image cyan and magenta

I cant give you the answer but can you swap the clutches around with the other colours to narrow down the fault?
    Les

Re: Canon irc1325/ir adv 250i no image cyan and magenta

Quote Originally Posted by tekkie View Post
    I have a Canon irc1325 that has a copy quality issue.
    The black and yellow side of the mc are fine .The cyan and magenta are very faded hardly any image at all.
    I have changed cyan and magenta drums and tried a new Image Transfer Belt as well.
    It looks like the cyan dev and magenta dev cylinders arent turning so you just get a ghosty cyan and mag image.The IT Belt has been stopped to ascertain whether the image is good on the belt prior to transfer to the paper and its not.
    The dev cylinders are driven by one motor and 4 clutches 1 for each colour Im suspicious that 2 clutches would be failing.I have checked the coupling at the rear and compared the yellow to the cyan and magenta couplings and they look ok and the same.
    Has anyone had this issue or any ideas on this range of mcs

are there two boards in this machine, one board work with yelow and black y the other board work with cyan and magenta???? if the answer is yes can you swap them???