Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: canon c7065

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

canon c7065

Hello, I'm getting a E0008-0001 clearing code according to the description and ran 100 copies and machine error again and did a FX-uhl and lhp with same problem! not sure if the upper section or lower is the problem. If I check the values in analog the FX-le is at 92 and the FX-ue is at 154 the other FX values are pretty close. this machine has only 75,000 copies on it! I also did a DC-con clear with same problem and reset all the values to door spec! I'm also getting a message that says "prepare new fixing roller call service representative" which one, the upper or lower?
    Last edited by acsolutions; 12-01-2016 at 01:43 AM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon c7065

Re: canon c7065

Quote Originally Posted by acsolutions View Post
    Hello, I'm getting a E0008-0001 clearing code according to the description and ran 100 copies and machine error again and did a FX-uhl and lhp with same problem! not sure if the upper section or lower is the problem.
    If I check the values in analog the FX-le is at 92 and the FX-ue is at 154 the other FX values are pretty close. this machine has only 75,000 copies on it!
    I also did a DC-con clear with same problem and reset all the values to door spec!
    I'm also getting a message that says "prepare new fixing roller call service representative" which one, the upper or lower?
    =================================================
    You have a Pressure Belt unit life detection error.
    Confirm the current value is 80 (0.8 A) and below on the service mode (COPIER> DISPLAY> FIXING> FXMTR8).
    A. In case that the current value is “smaller than 80”
    A-1. The pressure belt unit reaches to its life -> replace the pressure belt unit
    A-2. Faulty fixing unit drive gear -> replace the gear
    A-3. Fault fixing motor (M48)

B. In case that the current value is “80 and larger”
    B-1. Faulty fixing unit drive gear -> replace the gear
    B-2. Faulty fixing motor (M48) -> replace the fixing mtoor
    B-3. Fault relay PCB -> replace it
    2. Clear the current value log of fixing motor on the service mode (COPIER> FUNCTION> CLEAR> FX-LCLR)
    after procedure

E008 0001
    error code refers to the amount of Fixing Motor current that has reached the specified value due to torque-up of the Pressure Belt.

It has been discovered that a seized or broken gear on the Fixing Unit can cause the error code because the specified torque on the Fixing Motor has either increased or decreased.
    Below is FIGURE 811 UPPER BELT ASSEMBLY with the circled gear and bearing that were found to be defective whether it be a broken gear or a tight or seized bearing. The gear discovered broken is item 12 with part number
    FU8-0012-000 and bearings shown in item 15 with part number XG9-0521-000. Of course any broken drive gear or worn-out bearing can cause the same problem.

================================================== ===========================================

Preparing new fixing roller' is displayed on the control panel at power on.

In this case, the message was cleared by disabling the message in Service Mode level 2. To disable the message, perform the following in service mode.
    Level 2: Copier > Option > Dsply-sw > Fxmsg-sw to '0' and press 'ok'.

Note:
    The imageRUNNER ADVANCE must be power cycled for the service mode changes to take effect.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: canon c7065

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    =================================================
    You have a Pressure Belt unit life detection error.
    Confirm the current value is 80 (0.8 A) and below on the service mode (COPIER> DISPLAY> FIXING> FXMTR8).
    A. In case that the current value is “smaller than 80”
    A-1. The pressure belt unit reaches to its life -> replace the pressure belt unit
    A-2. Faulty fixing unit drive gear -> replace the gear
    A-3. Fault fixing motor (M48)

B. In case that the current value is “80 and larger”
    B-1. Faulty fixing unit drive gear -> replace the gear
    B-2. Faulty fixing motor (M48) -> replace the fixing mtoor
    B-3. Fault relay PCB -> replace it
    2. Clear the current value log of fixing motor on the service mode (COPIER> FUNCTION> CLEAR> FX-LCLR)
    after procedure

E008 0001
    error code refers to the amount of Fixing Motor current that has reached the specified value due to torque-up of the Pressure Belt.

It has been discovered that a seized or broken gear on the Fixing Unit can cause the error code because the specified torque on the Fixing Motor has either increased or decreased.
    Below is FIGURE 811 UPPER BELT ASSEMBLY with the circled gear and bearing that were found to be defective whether it be a broken gear or a tight or seized bearing. The gear discovered broken is item 12 with part number
    FU8-0012-000 and bearings shown in item 15 with part number XG9-0521-000. Of course any broken drive gear or worn-out bearing can cause the same problem.

================================================== ===========================================

Preparing new fixing roller' is displayed on the control panel at power on.

In this case, the message was cleared by disabling the message in Service Mode level 2. To disable the message, perform the following in service mode.
    Level 2: Copier > Option > Dsply-sw > Fxmsg-sw to '0' and press 'ok'.

Note:
    The imageRUNNER ADVANCE must be power cycled for the service mode changes to take effect.
    Awesome, Thank you very much! I'll check that out tomorrow!