Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thin 'drag' line on top of page IRC2020

A customer has/had a ever-so-thin sharp white line on the top of each page. On every color. cleaning laser, checking and replaceing ITB didn't help. Today i had a look at the plastic on the assy with the reg.patch sensor. I cleaned it and bended it a bit outwards. The line is gone...

I'm afraid the plastic will jump back against the ITB and will start schratching it again, can i just cut part of it off, or should i replace the assy ? (i assume its FM3-8117-000 1 REGISTRATION SENSING ASSEMBLY). Cutting it might leave and even sharper edge, poss. damaging the ITB...
    Johan

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Thin 'drag' line on top of page IRC2020

I'd be replacing it, one problem that's a nuidance with this machine is getting the laser shutters sticking, which toner falling through to the bottom will do. I'd try to avoid anything that could damage the ITB and could cause toner to scatter throughout the device. The laser shutters are a real chore. My opinion.

Re: Thin 'drag' line on top of page IRC2020

I know, I've had my share of cleaning these machines. Even cleaning the compartment where the laser sits.

Worst evere leaked magenta in tray1. I ended up stuffing parts of the printer with cotton cloth and blowing the @&# thing with compressed as last resort before compleet disassembly....
    Johan