Technician

Talking ColorPass GX300 for Canon C9065 and true black text

Hello Everyone,

I really appreciate this forum. Thank you for all of your participation. It helps a lot of people.

I just purchased a Canon C9065, and it has an option to get a ColorPass GX300. What is the advantage of having this as compared to running it without it? We only have one computer, or rarely two connected to it through our network, so I don't need a lot of network power and job handling. The main reason I considered getting it is because I thought it might help with being able to print solid black wherever I have black text, etc. I currently have been printing on a C5185, and it always wants to print four colors wherever there is black. I don't like the look of this, nor do I like the fact that it wastes toner piling four colors on where one color would work better. I want only black to be used for black text. I use both the postscript driver and the UFR, and neither will yield true black-only text on my 5185. This has troubled me so much that I actually print all of my black text on a 7095 machine, and then take that over to the color machine and print only the color that I want on the sheet. This is time consuming, but it gives me good results. I am hoping that the C9065 will print true black text right out of the box. I am not sure if the GX300 will help yield true black. I actually have not received the C9065, so I have not been able to test it.

Another problem I hoped the GX300 would help me with is to fix the incredibly slow transfer of data to my machine. I print pdfs with 300 pages at once with the same graphics and text, the only change on the pages is there is a different address printed on each of the 300 pages, that is why I need a 300 page pdf document. However, it takes about 15-20 minutes for this one job to get to the printer so that it will start printing. Once it starts printing, the job finishes in a few minutes. Will the GX300 help solve that slow data transfer problem?

I don't have any other need for the GX300 that I know of, so I don't want to purchase it if it will not help me solve those two problems. Any input on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    Berean

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ColorPass GX300 for Canon C9065 and true black text

Re: ColorPass GX300 for Canon C9065 and true black text

imageRUNNER C5058 / C5068 / C4080 / C4580 / C5180 / C5185 / C4080i / C4580i / C5180i / C5185i / C2880 / C3380 / C2880i / C3380i / C2550 / C3080 / C3480 / C3080i / C3480i, imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5030 / C5035 / C5045 / C5051 / C7055 / C7065 / C9065 PRO / C9075 PRO / C2225 / C2230/ C5235 / C5240 / C5250 / C5255 / C7260 / C7270 / C9270 / C9280

Question :
    Can the "Print Gray to Black" feature which is found on the EFI controllers be done with the Canon PDL board?

Answer :
    Yes, the option is located in the printer driver under Quality > Details > Advanced Settings.

The Gray Compensation setting determines whether only black (K) toner is used.

If "ON" is selected, black and gray data is printed using the Black (K) Toner Only, which lessens toner bleeding.

If "OFF" is selected, black and gray data is printed using all four (CMYK) toners.
    Gradation reproducibility of dark areas improves in comparision to ON.

Black Text.jpg
    Last edited by teckat; 12-07-2016 at 11:27 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Talking Re: ColorPass GX300 for Canon C9065 and true black text

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Question :
    Can the "Print Gray to Black" feature which is found on the EFI controllers be done with the Canon PDL board?

Answer :
    Yes, the option is located in the printer driver under Quality > Details > Advanced Settings.

The Gray Compensation setting determines whether only black (K) toner is used.

If "ON" is selected, black and gray data is printed using the Black (K) Toner Only, which lessens toner bleeding.

If "OFF" is selected, black and gray data is printed using all four (CMYK) toners.
    Gradation reproducibility of dark areas improves in comparision to ON.
    That is awesome!! Thank you so much. I did not know about this setting. I found that in my driver settings that was turned off. My 5185 is not working at the moment, or I would try it right away. My 9065 should be here tomorrow, so I will check it on that machine. I really appreciate your help on this. Thank you so much. This forum is very helpful!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ColorPass GX300 for Canon C9065 and true black text

Re: ColorPass GX300 for Canon C9065 and true black text

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    That is awesome!! Thank you so much. I did not know about this setting. I found that in my driver settings that was turned off. My 5185 is not working at the moment, or I would try it right away. My 9065 should be here tomorrow, so I will check it on that machine. I really appreciate your help on this. Thank you so much. This forum is very helpful!

Welcom.👍🍻
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**