Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Suggestions for

Technician

Suggestions for

Hello,

Our client is printing 2000-2500 pages duplex per day (i.e 4000-5000 clicks) on Canon iR 3245.

1. What suggestions can we give to our client for smooth running. For e.g. we have already suggested them to use best quality 75 gsm paper

2. What routine checks can our engineers undertake to ensure smooth running considering all printing is in duplex. For e.g cleaning the web roller frequently. (the white aluminium roller)

Consumables like drum, film and pick-up rubbers will be changed on complaint basis.

Regards,

Chetan

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Tonersniffer's Avatar

Re: Suggestions for

My question is are you a technician? You sound more like a service manager or salesperson or a third-party servicing company. Screenshot_20170118-112035.jpg

My suggestion is is to turn it over to the sales department sell them a machine that can handle that volume. See picture

Realistically as a technician that will not happen. So my suggestion is if you don't know and your technicians don't know is to make sure you have an experience technician working on this machine these machines do not do well in humid and duplexing situations. However there are several things you can do to make that situation much better. At 80000 copies per month expect 2 toners a week. A fuser repair every 2 to 3 months , a drum every month of a half and plenty of feed tires and service on it once a week.

If you're the service technican please let me know I can give help you keep it running.

Technician

Re: Suggestions for smooth running Canon iR 3245

Thanks Tonersniffer for the reply.

You are correct - I am not a technician. I am in charge of customer service. Also the client does not have any holiday, which means they are going to print 120,000 pages per month. I cannot undo what has already been sold.

We have one senior engineer and two junior engineer who are managing approx 150 copiers. We plan to send our junior engineers every Saturday for doing a weekly checking (like replacing drum/blade/feed tyres etc)

I basically want to draw up a list of "to do" items which our engineers can follow on this weekly checking. Your help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chetan