Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IR advance 4025 check the switches inside paper deck are set to humid message

Hi the machine does not have a paper deck and it is showing this message on the bottom of display screen.
    Does anybody know how to make it go away?
    Thanks for any help.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: IR advance 4025 check the switches inside paper deck are set to humid message

Quote Originally Posted by copyhere View Post
    Hi the machine does not have a paper deck and it is showing this message on the bottom of display screen.
    Does anybody know how to make it go away?
    Thanks for any help.

try a DCon backup / clear and restore
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: IR advance 4025 check the switches inside paper deck are set to humid message

Thanks for the suggestion teckat . I just tried dcon clear and power off-on and the message is still there. Then I tried dcon restore and power off-on and still have the message.
    I updated firmware already. What do you think about hard drive clear and reinstall system?

Thanks for the suggestion teckat . I just tried dcon clear and power off-on and the message is still there. Then I tried dcon restore and power off-on and still have the message.
    I updated firmware already. What do you think about hard drive clear and reinstall system?

found this from Canon

October 31, 2014
    imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4025 / 4035 / 4045 / 4051 / 4225 / 4235 / 4245 / 4251
    'An object other than the selected paper may be inside the side paper deck' message is displayed even though no paper deck is installed on the machine.

When selecting any cassette one of these massages will appear:
    - "An object other than the selected paper may be inside the side paper deck"
    - "Remove the object to prevent damage to the device"
    - "Check that switches inside paper deck are set to humid"
    No paper deck was installed on the machine but the message indicated a deck was installed.

A DCon and MN-Con clear were tried with no change in the symptom.

The Engine Controller was replaced and the DCon was backed up and restored to the new Engine Controller.
    The message still appeared on display.

With the new Engine Controller installed a DCon clear was done again which resolved the problem.
    Replacing the Engine Controller and a DCon clear on the new Enginer Controller before backing up and restoring the DCon resolved the problem.

Part numbers are listed below:

4025 ENGINE CONTROLLER (FM4-7612-000).
    4035 / 4035 ENGINE CONTROLLER (FM4-7613-000).
    4051 ENGINE CONTROLLER (FM4-7614-000).
    4225 ENGINE CONTROLLER (FM1-G849-000).
    4235 / 4245 ENGINE CONTROLLER (FM1-G850-000).
    4251 ENGINE CONTROLLER (FM1-G851-000).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks Teckat,

That is exactly what I was having. I replaced the engine controller from another machine and that made the message go away.
    Just to see what would happen if i put the one i took out in the other machine it did not show the message I did not back up or restore either one.
    I printed p print pages for each on. so i guess that i will manually input the values back into each machine.
    I have no idea what was wrong or how it is fixed. Ill just be happy that it is.
    Many thanks for your help

Thanks Teckat,

That is exactly what I was having. I replaced the engine controller from another machine and that made the message go away.
    Just to see what would happen if i put the one i took out in the other machine it did not show the message I did not back up or restore either one.
    I printed p print pages for each on. so i guess that i will manually input the values back into each machine.
    I have no idea what was wrong or how it is fixed. Ill just be happy that it is.
    Many thanks for your help
    ================================

could have been a harness connection spike in line--------------------typical Canon connections issues