Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Using Canon IR 5050 fuser roller on Canon IRA 6055

We have had a fuser roller for a Canon IR 5050 in stock for months and now we need to replace this same roller on a Canon IR Advance 6055, from what ive seen they are almopst a perfect match and i wanna try to adapt it and use this one instead of ordering another one that will atke a couple days to ship.

Any of you have ever done this before? they look suprisingly very similar, wondering if it would just be as easy as to use the retainers from the IR 5050 instead of the ones in the IRA 6055? thats the only difference i can think off.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts spectraindo's Avatar

Re: Using Canon IR 5050 fuser roller on Canon IRA 6055

Hi, I have done this before. You must make new slots for the Retainer, because its position is different.
    The iRA6055 has only one gear but the iR5050 has two gears.
    You can saw the holes but do not forget to protect the fuser roller with wrapping lots of paper on it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spectraindo View Post
    Hi, I have done this before. You must make new slots for the Retainer, because its position is different.
    The iRA6055 has only one gear but the iR5050 has two gears.
    You can saw the holes but do not forget to protect the fuser roller with wrapping lots of paper on it.
    Hi thanks for the answer, just a question tho... attached is a pic of what i think is the soltion... i need to either saw the gear hole to make it wkider (outlined in blue) or saw new holes for the retainer rings.

Do you remember how did you measure the exact point where you had to saw them? my guess is its not necesssary for them to be absolutely precise, so i think i can make them a little bigger just to be sure retainer fits.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You have to file the slot for the gear DEEPER not WIDER, it is the opposite side of the roller in the picture where the Retainer match the GEAR (the FRONT side).
    On the back side you have to saw new the holes for the Retainer because the Roller is longer.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

You have to file the slot for the gear DEEPER not WIDER, it is the opposite side of the roller in the picture where the Retainer match the GEAR (the FRONT side).
    On the back side you have to saw new the holes for the Retainer because the Roller is longer.
    Now i get what youre saying, so on one side (gear side in attachments) i need to saw around 6mm deeper so the gear can get all the way in and the retainer ring will fit just fine.

On the other side (ring side in attachments) i need to saw 3 holes for the retainer ring to fit, do you remember by any chance if these new holes i need to make are aligned with the holes on the gear side? we donīt have the machine here in the shop so i canīt measure the ring to know exactly where i need to make them, all work will be done on site and its a 1 hour drive, other wise ill just take my elegant saw with me and do it right there on the spot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (148.4 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (160.7 KB, 8 views)

Ok that is correct, on the Front Side / Gear side you have to make the Slot for the Gear Deeper.
    On the Rear Side you have to saw slots for the Retainer , it is about 12 mm from the old slots.

Upper Rollers.jpg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ok that is correct, on the Front Side / Gear side you have to make the Slot for the Gear Deeper.
    On the Rear Side you have to saw slots for the Retainer , it is about 12 mm from the old slots.

Upper Rollers.jpg
    Got it, we brought the whole fuser unit to service it at the shop and ill be doing this tomorrow or monday, i noticed a difference of someghing like half an inch in lenght bewteenb both rollers just like in your picture, did you cut the 5050 roller to the same size as the 6055? just making sure before cutting anything.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Using Canon IR 5050 fuser roller on Canon IRA 6055

Any pointers on turning my VW🚕 into a Corvette 🚘
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

No I did not cut anything, just making holes for the retainerand make the slot for the gear deeper so the gear can fit.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Any pointers on turning my VW🚕 into a Corvette 🚘
    Well, i donīt have the schematics right here im my computer, but these guys will be able to provide a detailed service manual without a doubt Spanish police bust counterfeit Ferrari manufacturing scam | Daily Mail Online