Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Canon image runner C3200 error E602-0003 HDD?

Hi Guys, this unit was locked up with the E602-0003 in display. rebooting both the main frame and the print server on the back only got the start up bar and has been there at about 10-20 % for days now. is this a bad sector on the hard drive. is there a way customer can use it with out hard drive? if not, can i replace the hard drive if i don't have the Canon service software and the operating system to load??

any advice will be greatly appreciated. thank you very much, Jim

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Canon image runner C3200 error E602-0003 HDD?

Re: Canon image runner C3200 error E602-0003 HDD?

There is no way to use the machine when the HDD fails as on all Canon machines all the software is installed to the HDD bit like a PC.
    The only way to install the software is with a laptop, the SST & system software.

You could try running the scan disk type repair, turn off the copier then reboot while holding down number 1&9 you should get a flashing white box let it complete, about an hour then restart the machine when "download mode" is displayed.

You could remove the HDD & format it in a USB caddy etc, it the drive is good all you need is the fore mentioned software to reinstall it.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    There is no way to use the machine when the HDD fails as on all Canon machines all the software is installed to the HDD bit like a PC.
    The only way to install the software is with a laptop, the SST & system software.

You could try running the scan disk type repair, turn off the copier then reboot while holding down number 1&9 you should get a flashing white box let it complete, about an hour then restart the machine when "download mode" is displayed.

You could remove the HDD & format it in a USB caddy etc, it the drive is good all you need is the fore mentioned software to reinstall it.
    ok. great info. i will try that. i really appreciate your time with this. i hope you have a very nice day, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

there was some issue with ? the HDD on this unit years ago that i did something to resolve the hard drive. thought it was in service mode. i looked back ten years in the customer notes but cant find it. seemed to me i had to make some selections in service mode to resolve but maybe it was an issue with the print server as its been longer than i can remember unfortunately. i thought it was for some settings for sector selection?? this machine is their back up.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

try powering it on holding down 1&9. you will get a blinking box in the top corner. The machine will perform a scandisk. I will take anywhere from 20 min to overnight. When its done it will say "download mode".. You should reinstall formware after this. Most likely however, you will need to replace the HDD and you cant just use any old HDD, it pretty much has to come from Canon