Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Mac Address 0000.0000.0000 in iR-ADV C2225

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Any DHCP service, whether a router, or a server, has to have a MAC address to bind an IP address to.

That is why DHCP is failing.

Remember that the MAC address is hard coded into the NIC card; all are unique and can't be changed. (Let's not get into IP spoofing here, that's a waaayy different discussion).

It could be that the wireless protocol requires a MAC address under the IP address. My mad Net+ skills seem to be alluding me these days.
    I thought the same. In wireless networks never will to work without a MAC...

This may help:

Wireless Routers and MAC Filtering

On wireless networks, a process called MAC filtering is a security measure to prevent unwanted network access by hackers and intruders. In MAC address filtering, the router is configured to accept traffic only from specific MAC addresses. This way, computers whose MAC addresses are approved will be able to communicate through the network—even if they were given a new IP address by DHCP.
    Meanwhile, a hacker who's hijacked a network IP address will be blocked because their MAC address will not be on the approved list and will be filtered out.

I found this at: http://whatismyipaddress.com/mac-address

No idea why your machine isn't showing a MAC address, but it looks like it is the root of the problem.
    I think this is focused in security. I have configured routers and these has a black list and a white list that works like that...

This may help:

On wireless networks, a process called MAC filtering is a security measure to prevent unwanted network access by hackers and intruders. In MAC address filtering, the router is configured to accept traffic only from specific MAC addresses. This way, computers whose MAC addresses are approved will be able to communicate through the network—even if they were given a new IP address by DHCP.
    Meanwhile, a hacker who's hijacked a network IP address will be blocked because their MAC address will not be on the approved list and will be filtered out.

No idea why your machine isn't showing a MAC address, but it looks like it is the root of the problem.
    I think this is focused in security. I have configured routers and these has a black list and a white list that works like that...

Any DHCP service, whether a router, or a server, has to have a MAC address to bind an IP address to.

That is why DHCP is failing.

Remember that the MAC address is hard coded into the NIC card; all are unique and can't be changed. (Let's not get into IP spoofing here, that's a waaayy different discussion).

It could be that the wireless protocol requires a MAC address under the IP address. My mad Net+ skills seem to be alluding me these days.
    I thought the same... never will to work without a MAC...

This may help:

Quote Originally Posted by minilab.services View Post
    Hi,
    1) look, the program version* the last one is 57.01 if your are not up to date update the firmware.
    2) edit the Settings/Registration : Preferences : Network Settings.
    3) go to network preferences and try to ping your network card with 127.0.0.1 if you don't have a reponse, change the main board FM0-2663-000 european references
    3) if it's possible use the services tool to try a connexion with the MFP .172.16.0.100 internal/service mode IP adress.

*in 123 key and check device configuration and controller version : XXXX.XX.XXX

suerte Minilab.services
    I will try it...

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Now you have a user data list you could try an MMI clear
    service mode copier function clear
    this will reset nw settings to default
    reboot the copier
    If unplugged from the network does it display a mac address ?

I would be looking to replace the main controller

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I did a MMI clear without success...
    Finally I changed the printer... but I will still making tests...

Thanks for the answers!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Now you have a user data list you could try an MMI clear
    service mode copier function clear
    this will reset nw settings to default
    reboot the copier
    If unplugged from the network does it display a mac address ?

I would be looking to replace the main controller

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hi I have had a couple of the Mac add issue and you need to change the Main Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by THUK View Post
    Hi I have had a couple of the Mac add issue and you need to change the Main Controller.
    I was hoping not to need to change the Main Controller. I tried some tests in this post, without succesful...

I updated the firmware, made a MMI Clear, but nothing...

I will change the main controller now...

Thanks to all for the help!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MAC stands for Media Access Control, unique physical address to identify a device bounded with logical IP address with ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) This is Network Fundamental Concept. No doubt about it, Hex value( number +highest letter "F"). However, it indicated Zero. it is a rare case on both Computer or Printer industry. Obviously Nic card circuit board defective. This is kind of stupid error happened only Canon machines.

Today I met similar very stupid error on same model iR adv C2225, No printout (error log "NG" #860 code), I have TWO same model machines at shop, The another one print fine with same Print Driver . Further, I checked both settings in Sevice Mode. All are identical settings. No clue to dip further. Need some advice.

Plus Image quality is bad, white lines on Magenta and Cyan, see the attachmentcanon white line.pdf

Appreciating help.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Mac Address 0000.0000.0000 in iR-ADV C2225

Quote Originally Posted by peterxu256 View Post
    MAC stands for Media Access Control, unique physical address to identify a device bounded with logical IP address with ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) This is Network Fundamental Concept. No doubt about it, Hex value( number +highest letter "F"). However, it indicated Zero. it is a rare case on both Computer or Printer industry. Obviously Nic card circuit board defective. This is kind of stupid error happened only Canon machines.

Today I met similar very stupid error on same model iR adv C2225, No printout (error log "NG" #860 code), I have TWO same model machines at shop, The another one print fine with same Print Driver . Further, I checked both settings in Sevice Mode. All are identical settings. No clue to dip further. Need some advice.

Plus Image quality is bad, white lines on Magenta and Cyan, see the attachmentcanon white line.pdf

Appreciating help.

what driver ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

what driver ?
    Generic_Plus_UFRII_v1.01_Set-up.exe

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Mac Address 0000.0000.0000 in iR-ADV C2225

Quote Originally Posted by peterxu256 View Post
    Generic_Plus_UFRII_v1.01_Set-up.exe

[Windows 64bit] Generic Plus UFR II Printer Driver V1.01

Setup instruction
    *Precaution When Using a USB Connection
    Disconnect the USB cable that connects the device and computer before installing the driver.
    Connect the USB cable after installing the driver.

Driver and application software files have been compressed.
    The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.

1. To download files, click the file link, select [Save], and specify the directory where you want to save the file.The download will start automatically.
    2. Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting format (.exe format).
    3. Double-click the files to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder. The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file.
    4. Double-click the decompressed Setup.exe file to start installation.

File information

• File name : GPlus_UFRII_Driver_V101_W64.exe
    • File version : V1.01
    • File language : Arabic, CA, Czech, German, Danish, English, Spanish, EU, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korea, MS, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, SK, Traditional Chinese, Thai, Turkish, VN, Simplified Chinese
    • File size : 31,076KB

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

[Windows 64bit] Generic Plus UFR II Printer Driver V1.01

Setup instruction
    *Precaution When Using a USB Connection
    Disconnect the USB cable that connects the device and computer before installing the driver.
    Connect the USB cable after installing the driver.

Driver and application software files have been compressed.
    The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.

1. To download files, click the file link, select [Save], and specify the directory where you want to save the file.The download will start automatically.
    2. Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting format (.exe format).
    3. Double-click the files to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder. The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file.
    4. Double-click the decompressed Setup.exe file to start installation.

File information

• File name : GPlus_UFRII_Driver_V101_W64.exe
    • File version : V1.01
    • File language : Arabic, CA, Czech, German, Danish, English, Spanish, EU, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korea, MS, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, SK, Traditional Chinese, Thai, Turkish, VN, Simplified Chinese
    • File size : 31,076KB

Thanks anyhow, Driver itself is not an issue at all. It is rather the machine itself relevant to Nic card similar to the Original topic (Zero Mac Address). Plus I have the same pending issue (not printout) for old Canon C3100 with complex of UFR I or II or licensing etc..