Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IRADVc2220i

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRADVc2220i

IRADVc2220i

hi Guys,

working on one of these wonderful, non logic machines. Initially the customer reported poor colours, replaced the magenta drum and all ok, a few days later, came in for same issue but Magenta was totally blank. Tried a new drum again, but still same, updated firmware, replaced ITB but still no magenta when doing prints or copies. When doing colour mismatch, I could see magenta being produced on the chevrons and patches on the ITB, but when doing a pg10 or copying no magenta? All other colours are fine. I replaced the Magenta hopper and still no magenta. Replaced the laser and bingo, Magenta came back. Forgive me if I am wrong but doesnt Magenta/Yellow share the same laser? Anyway, Magenta is now working and nice and deep in colour, however, I now have a patchy yellow! If I do sky copies and print off 10, about 8 would come out full colour yellow, if i do auto grad, the yellow gradation is very patchy, new drum doesnt make a difference, laser has been replaced.

In the end, it seems that the firmware wasnt taking, and if using the CDS it would still not go to the latest version that was installed it would go back about 10 versions as if never updated. Replaced the DC and Main controllers, but yellow is still very patchy!

Any ideas? sorry no images to attach

Re: IRADVc2220i

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    hi Guys,

working on one of these wonderful, non logic machines. Initially the customer reported poor colours, replaced the magenta drum and all ok, a few days later, came in for same issue but Magenta was totally blank. Tried a new drum again, but still same, updated firmware, replaced ITB but still no magenta when doing prints or copies. When doing colour mismatch, I could see magenta being produced on the chevrons and patches on the ITB, but when doing a pg10 or copying no magenta? All other colours are fine. I replaced the Magenta hopper and still no magenta. Replaced the laser and bingo, Magenta came back. Forgive me if I am wrong but doesnt Magenta/Yellow share the same laser? Anyway, Magenta is now working and nice and deep in colour, however, I now have a patchy yellow! If I do sky copies and print off 10, about 8 would come out full colour yellow, if i do auto grad, the yellow gradation is very patchy, new drum doesnt make a difference, laser has been replaced.

In the end, it seems that the firmware wasnt taking, and if using the CDS it would still not go to the latest version that was installed it would go back about 10 versions as if never updated. Replaced the DC and Main controllers, but yellow is still very patchy!

Any ideas? sorry no images to attach
    Hi, I have a similar problem,magenta was sometimes totally blank, I replaced unit laser and the magenta come back, but a few days later the same problem again, I had to remove the magenta shutter and now it is working.... may be the magenta shutter mechanism did not work well.

About the yellow problem.. is the laser unit and ITB new? have you cleaned ITB patch sensor? any error code?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRADVc2220i

hey,

yes laser has been swapped, and itb patch reader cleaned, looking at the HV-STS, the yellow is alot lower reading than the other 3 colours, so maybe when the HVT assy was replaced trying to find the magenta fault, a prob with the yellow could have been introduced. The yellow is quite good and dense, but if you see the attached image, on the yellow sky shot, its patchy and on the test sheet, if you look at the building, you will see a shadow, its almost as if something is being blocked as its perfectly aligned. 0099_001.pdf

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRADVc2220i

hi,

further to this issue, i have now replaced the patch sensor, all hvt boards and assys again, the ribbon cable from laser to DC controller, but yellow is still patchy exactly the same place (see example). What i do notice is that, if i do one copy, the issue is there, the leading edge is perfect, then a poor copy quality for about 3 inches from top to bottom then perfect again, almost like something arcing...but if i do 10 copies, first copy will come out poor, all the rest are perect, no blanks or poor image. Lookign at the HV-STS, the yellow was very low, in the mid 200s, after replacing the hvts, it went up to over 450, but the blank/weak 3 inches is still there. Could it be a bias problem?