Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

C7065 error E197-0100

Hi guys sorry for posting 2 cries for help on the same day but need a bit of input on this one if possible?

Got this machine giving this code and the only entry in the manual is to change the video pcb, whch I did from a machine that was working ok when we removed it from customers.
    no joy, still error after reset. Canon tech found a tech entry that said he found voltage dropped from 24v to mv on j5600 on the dcdc board and mine did also, woohoo I thought, in his case changing the relay pcb did the trick but not for me still had voltage drop on pin 1 24v line.
    swapped the whole psu today still the same, I disconnected the plug from the dcdc board and still the same drop in V so sort of ilimnating the dcdc board and others attached? Maybe?

anyone had this before? F/w seems upto date tried reloading on line but no go. V83-04xx i think.

Cheers

Les

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: C7065 error E197-0100

Spark chasin time!
    First question: Was any work done on machine prior to the error code?

E197-0100
    Fault in communication with laser interface PCB

Swing the control box out and remove the inner cover. Exposes the dc con, dc interface, laser interface and laser power relay. Power on machine, still have error code? If yes its not a pinched wire in that lovely wad of wire. If No, swing the control box closed, did it error out? If yes short in the wad of wire.
    90577_1.jpg
    Disconect loads(flat connectors with pull tabs) to laser interface and power machine. Did it come to ready or code change? If so replace laser interface
    If it didnt change:
    My bet laser power relay

The part number for the Laser Power Supply Relay Board is FM3-9599-000.
    Some people may say I have a short temper, but I prefer to call it
    "A swift and assertive reaction to bullshit"

Hi Randall
    as above I changed the laser interface pcb/video pcb. Some reason it is called 2 different things in the same manual? Go figure!
    I had the control box out to measure the voltage so yes in both open and closed postion I get the error and voltage drop.
    I also unplugged the connector with the 24v line from the pcb and still got a v drop.

last work done about 3weeks ago was to replace the colour hopper units so in the same area and is a possible lead to follow.
    Bit of a bugger but Im sure I will find it.
    Thanks for posting and I will update when I find the cause.

Les

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Dear all,

I have faced some situations where a bad door switch causes strange error codes. A bad switch results in voltage drop like in your case. So, have a look and measure the resistance of the fixing door switch sw1 and the front door sweech sw2. They should give 0 Ohm when closed.

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Thanks Rachid
    funny going to test dooors open n stuff in the morning but yes thay can cause issues especially if the ark.

Cheers Bro
    Les