Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Canon IRADV C5051 problem with yellow

The copier appears to be over toning on yellow. When printing at test page #10 there are blank bars on yellow.

I looked at the developer and it has yellow bands in the places where the yellow is blank. I replaced the developer

and the copies and test prints were fine. Then the problem came back later. Been working on these for a long time and

have never seen anything like it. I am going to try replacing the toner feed assembly, put in a different developer and

replace the drum unit. The toner is the genuine OEM product but I will use a different toner after replacing above items.

Any suggestions?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IRADV C5051 problem with yellow

Re: Canon IRADV C5051 problem with yellow

I wouldn't use anything other than genuine Canon toner. I've used aftermarket stuff in the past, and it's been nothing but trouble.

That's MY suggestion anyway.

I'd also check your door settings in service mode, to make sure there's no problems with your HV-PRI settings. If you already replaced the dev unit and the issue returned, that's where I'd look next.

Good luck.

you voltage is too high and you are pulling developer out of the developer unit. check your door settings and you may have to lower the yellow charge voltage . I hope this helps.

I would try cleaning the magnetic roller as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    The copier appears to be over toning on yellow. When printing at test page #10 there are blank bars on yellow.

I looked at the developer and it has yellow bands in the places where the yellow is blank. I replaced the developer

and the copies and test prints were fine. Then the problem came back later. Been working on these for a long time and

have never seen anything like it. I am going to try replacing the toner feed assembly, put in a different developer and

replace the drum unit. The toner is the genuine OEM product but I will use a different toner after replacing above items.

Any suggestions?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Wink Re: Canon IRADV C5051 problem with yellow

Thanks for your responses. I did check the voltages and they were comparable to a good working machine.

I took the blade off of the developer and found chunks of yellow toner caught in it. I carefully cleaned

the chunks out of the iron filings. It took a few tries but it cleared up the blank areas. Not sure how much

of the filings were lost, but I will not reuse the developer. So replaced developer, installed an emptied hopper,

replaced the toner tube. Checked today and they are running fine. I don't think this was fake toner. Looks more

like a quality control issue at the toner factory. Customer was amazed at all the parts I had laying around her

office...