Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IRADV 6055 E00084-001 after fuser roller replacement

So... this mahcine has become a nightmare, specially since its a 2 hour drive and we dont have one on the shop so we can test before servicing on site.

Anyways, i "succesfully" replaced the fuser roller, i did test the machine, about 60-70 copies and it workeds pretty well, until a couple hours later when client reported machine asked to be turned off then on again and it was giving this error E000840-001.

I know this is a fuser error, the gears on the roller are missaligned but i cant find the correct position.

I watched this video when reassembling the fixing unit https://youtu.be/OHLq6fkPPyg?t=769

Anyone has any pics of the correct position of the gears? if it was working fine for a couple hours then stopped is obvious something got off its correct position.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: IRADV 6055 E00084-001 after fuser roller replacement

Quote Originally Posted by LTTP View Post
    So... this mahcine has become a nightmare, specially since its a 2 hour drive and we dont have one on the shop so we can test before servicing on site.

Anyways, i "succesfully" replaced the fuser roller, i did test the machine, about 60-70 copies and it workeds pretty well, until a couple hours later when client reported machine asked to be turned off then on again and it was giving this error E000840-001.

I know this is a fuser error, the gears on the roller are missaligned but i cant find the correct position.

I watched this video when reassembling the fixing unit https://youtu.be/OHLq6fkPPyg?t=769

Anyone has any pics of the correct position of the gears? if it was working fine for a couple hours then stopped is obvious something got off its correct position.
    That is a shutter code. When you take out the fixing roller there are pins in the side you take a screw out to put the plate in a notch (to align the shutter when you put it back together). Make sure you take these back off or you get this code. I have had a couple that everything looks ok but had to replace upper half of fuser to fix. The motor screws for the shutter back out and you also can get this code. I had a school that gave me this code after replacing a fixing roller an hour drive. Went out and turned shutter manually and everything looked ok. No wires pinched. Threw the code a few days later. Canon has a video of this so it is obviously a problem. The 8105's have a connector that you can get in the wrong place but this model does not. I usually don't take the connectors out unless I have to.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

ive also had the little shutter motor come loose on these, throws up the E840, checked the shutter , gears , collars and bushings etc and it turns out the motor vibrates loose after a period of time, tighten and check each visit. Sits just behind the cover

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    That is a shutter code. When you take out the fixing roller there are pins in the side you take a screw out to put the plate in a notch (to align the shutter when you put it back together). Make sure you take these back off or you get this code.
    Thanks for the input... i checked that notch on the inside of the heating roller and it looks fine to me (please check attached picture), one thing ive just noticed, attached is another picture showing the rotration of the shutter, on one side it goes all the way around until it stops on the plastic gear, however, rotating backwards it stops about 5mm BEFORE making contact with the plastic gear, please see attached picture, not sure if this could indicate the problem im having.

Another thing i noticed but i forgot to take a picture off, is that the outter gears, the ones i needed to secure in step one on the service manual, even thogh i secure them with the metal tabs before disassembling anything, are not aligned properly. Rotating by hand, on one side the denting on the gear aligns just fine on the hole i had to put the metal pin through, but on the other side it does not, its just off by a few milimeters (maybe 5mm just like on the plastic gear inside the unit?).

Finally, yet another thing i noticed is that the main thermistor is lacking a pad, thus not making contact with the heating roller, please see attached picture. im not sure if it is supposed to be this way? and if it doesnt, it could be the cause of the E840 error? two web rollers got caught and burnt on this machine, so maybe that pad fell off while getting caught in the web and we didnt notice when removing it the very first time.

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    ive also had the little shutter motor come loose on these, throws up the E840, checked the shutter , gears , collars and bushings etc and it turns out the motor vibrates loose after a period of time, tighten and check each visit. Sits just behind the cover
    Do you mean the little motor that can be seen in one of the attached pictures? on the corner after removing the main motor plate, checked screws and it is tight and in it's correct position.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (519.1 KB, 31 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (381.8 KB, 43 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (228.9 KB, 30 views)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

your shutter may be set in the wrong groove.

Quote Originally Posted by bobburnsreb View Post
    your shutter may be set in the wrong groove.
    That would be correct. I think it should be in the groove closest to gear (smaller groove?). There is a tab that goes in that groove. It you had shutter off that is most likely the problem. Your second picture shows the grooves.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

yep, in photo 1 that motor comes loose, the white plastic insulation/guide or packing or what ever it is behind the motor also disintergrates after a while due to the heat

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    That would be correct. I think it should be in the groove closest to gear (smaller groove?). There is a tab that goes in that groove. It you had shutter off that is most likely the problem. Your second picture shows the grooves.
    So, shutter must be in the groove marked in red in attached pic? so the hole in the shutter must be also aligned with the tab (marked in green)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I remove the front assembly, then lock the pins in place. The gears move easier. Just turn the gears until the slot on the shutter gear lines up with the hole in the frame and put the pin in. Then do the other side. Once it's back together, put the pins back in their original slot.

Quote Originally Posted by LTTP View Post
    So, shutter must be in the groove marked in red in attached pic? so the hole in the shutter must be also aligned with the tab (marked in green)

see attached
    shutter.pdf