Thread: iR Adv c2030

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iR Adv c2030

iR Adv c2030

Hey everyone

first visit to this client

clients machine was dumping toner from all color drum units and showing error E020-0091, vacuumed machine throughout, replaced them with new units & got E020-1060 - swapped out the yellow chip first, then got a E020-1160 (same error for magenta), then did them all

did the usual, clean the machine interior, HVT contacts, ITB assy, patch sensors, laser unit (slit glasses, mirrors, lenses, polygon) which made no difference, so i swapped out the remaining old chips into the new drums

after doing this she fired up without errors, performed full gradation & noticed magenta looked washed out (cyan wasn't much better), as if the dev was old - the machine also asked me to replace the magenta toner even though the bottle was full, (it didn't ask for this prior),, refitted the old (full) magenta toner 3 times with no luck, replaced it with a new one and the machine worked fine for several hundred prints

now i'm getting E020-01B0

3 questions:
    1) how could ATDC be setup correctly with old chips? perhaps there is a manual (service mode) method seeing user maintenance did not have an option for fitting new units
    2) where can i get the latest firmware? i've read on other threads that this can correct the 1060 (patch sensing) issue
    3) this latest error appears to indicate lack of toner supply to magenta (bloked pipes perhaps,, but never happened before, so i imagine ATDC is out)

sure, i can manually add toner, but if ATDC isn't setup correctly i will only have the problem return

where do i go from here? i can't charge the client any more and i'm already a few hours behind the 8-ball (not to mention the hour drive each way)

p.s. yes, i have the service manual & some of the bulletins

any assistance is very much appreciated

thanks heaps

Andy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: iR Adv c2030

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    Hey everyone

first visit to this client

clients machine was dumping toner from all color drum units and showing error E020-0091, vacuumed machine throughout, replaced them with new units & got E020-1060 - swapped out the yellow chip first, then got a E020-1160 (same error for magenta), then did them all

did the usual, clean the machine interior, HVT contacts, ITB assy, patch sensors, laser unit (slit glasses, mirrors, lenses, polygon) which made no difference, so i swapped out the remaining old chips into the new drums

after doing this she fired up without errors, performed full gradation & noticed magenta looked washed out (cyan wasn't much better), as if the dev was old - the machine also asked me to replace the magenta toner even though the bottle was full, (it didn't ask for this prior),, refitted the old (full) magenta toner 3 times with no luck, replaced it with a new one and the machine worked fine for several hundred prints

now i'm getting E020-01B0

3 questions:
    1) how could ATDC be setup correctly with old chips? perhaps there is a manual (service mode) method seeing user maintenance did not have an option for fitting new units
    2) where can i get the latest firmware? i've read on other threads that this can correct the 1060 (patch sensing) issue
    3) this latest error appears to indicate lack of toner supply to magenta (bloked pipes perhaps,, but never happened before, so i imagine ATDC is out)

sure, i can manually add toner, but if ATDC isn't setup correctly i will only have the problem return

where do i go from here? i can't charge the client any more and i'm already a few hours behind the 8-ball (not to mention the hour drive each way)

p.s. yes, i have the service manual & some of the bulletins

any assistance is very much appreciated

thanks heaps

Andy
    You could try and clean laser. Not too hard to get out. Just make sure it seats when you push it back in and watch connectors so they don't get damaged. Also make sure it has Canon toner, otherwise you may be fighting something that will be impossible to fix. If you run into that again try doing a dcon back up and restore. That fixed mine (for about 3 black drums) until I had to take out laser unit and clean. I have only had a couple of C2030's do that code usually a E020 1060 I think it was.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    iR Adv c2030

Yes this is a common issue on this model, remove the laser & remove the top cover & carefully clean the polygon mirrors & both sides of the laser slit glass.

Then update the SSW & fit the new chips back onto the new drums.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iR Adv c2030

thanks for your responses guys, but i guess you didn't actually read my post, quote from paragraph 2:

"did the usual, clean the machine interior, HVT contacts, ITB assy, patch sensors, laser unit (slit glasses, mirrors, lenses, polygon) which made no difference"

iR Adv c2030

thanks for your responses guys, but i guess you didn't actually read my post, quote from paragraph 2:

"did the usual, clean the machine interior, HVT contacts, ITB assy, patch sensors, laser unit (slit glasses, mirrors, lenses, polygon) which made no difference"

So you did everthing but update the system software?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iR Adv c2030

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    So you did everthing but update the system software?
    correct, and i don't have access to the latest firmware, though i have sent a request to the website listed on your posts

also,i have since found out the client is using after-market toner - no doubt this means i have to supply/fit genuine toners, vacuum out the crap toner from the toner supply system & HOPE i can get the machine to work long enough to cycle out the bad toner from the new drum units

looks like i'm in for a fun time

iR Adv c2030

correct, and i don't have access to the latest firmware, though i have sent a request to the website listed on your posts

also,i have since found out the client is using after-market toner - no doubt this means i have to supply/fit genuine toners, vacuum out the crap toner from the toner supply system & HOPE i can get the machine to work long enough to cycle out the bad toner from the new drum units

looks like i'm in for a fun time

You can update the SSW free via service mode (providing the machine is on a network with net access)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iR Adv c2030

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You can update the SSW free via service mode (providing the machine is on a network with net access)
    thank you kind Sir - reading it now,,,