Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Canon Imagerunner C1030i

I have a constant paper jam error on this machine. It says it's behind the front cover in the duplex guide. There ain't but one paper sensor in that area that I see. Is there a simulation that would tell me which sensor is active? I have a spare parts machine. I searched for something out of position but cannot find anything wrong. It was working fine until this occurred. I tried removing the fuser, the cartridges and turned it on and off all to no avail. How hard can it be?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: Canon Imagerunner C1030i

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    I have a constant paper jam error on this machine. It says it's behind the front cover in the duplex guide. There ain't but one paper sensor in that area that I see. Is there a simulation that would tell me which sensor is active? I have a spare parts machine. I searched for something out of position but cannot find anything wrong. It was working fine until this occurred. I tried removing the fuser, the cartridges and turned it on and off all to no avail. How hard can it be?
    Most people do not know about the cover in back. That is where I find most of the jammed paper.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Well aware of the cover in the back. They weren't even duplexing when the jam occurred.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    Well aware of the cover in the back. They weren't even duplexing when the jam occurred.
    I hate those machines, so good luck. I guess you would have to get the jam code and try and figure it out there.