Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IRADVc2220i

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRADVc2220i

IRADVc2220i

Hey,

Just wondering, where does the firmware load to on these machines? I am getting a faint/blank part of an image on the very first copy/print only. If i run off 20 copies the first one is pretty good apart from the faint/blank part which is about 3 cm along the whole copy from the leading edge, the rest of the image is perfect, all the rest will be perfect no blanks or faint parts on the image. Ive tried everything but my mind seems to think that the machine is not taking the new firmware update by CDS or SST. If using the CDS, I have to scroll down 2 pages to get to the latest firmware, the machine does everything, reboots, I press confirm firmware etc, normal steps but if i go back into the CDS updater i will have to scroll down again 2 pages as if I havent tried to update the firmware.

Just wondered where the firmware is updated too on this machine, Main 1 or 2 pcb, DC controller or HDD?

tks guys

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: IRADVc2220i

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    Hey,

Just wondering, where does the firmware load to on these machines? I am getting a faint/blank part of an image on the very first copy/print only. If i run off 20 copies the first one is pretty good apart from the faint/blank part which is about 3 cm along the whole copy from the leading edge, the rest of the image is perfect, all the rest will be perfect no blanks or faint parts on the image. Ive tried everything but my mind seems to think that the machine is not taking the new firmware update by CDS or SST. If using the CDS, I have to scroll down 2 pages to get to the latest firmware, the machine does everything, reboots, I press confirm firmware etc, normal steps but if i go back into the CDS updater i will have to scroll down again 2 pages as if I havent tried to update the firmware.

Just wondered where the firmware is updated too on this machine, Main 1 or 2 pcb, DC controller or HDD?

tks guys
    I would think the same way. It sounds like it may not be updating and could be any of those but I would not suspect dc controller for the software part. I am going to guess software may not fix it. the CDS should update fine. Just use the last one but I usually only see one page.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRADVc2220i

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    I would think the same way. It sounds like it may not be updating and could be any of those but I would not suspect dc controller for the software part. I am going to guess software may not fix it. the CDS should update fine. Just use the last one but I usually only see one page.
    Thanks for that Dan, I worked on it again for another 3 or 4 hours today, finally got it sorted and i actually checked this part initially and didnt see the issue...it was a milor strip that is attached to the laser shutter on the yellow, I had tried everything else, so took out the laser (again) stripped and cleaned it, but still the first initial copy would come out with the faint/blank part of the image and the rest of that copy was perfect, every copy after was perfect. i took out itb/drum for the yellow, took off all the toner housing etc, toner door and started playing with the laser shutter, all looked fine, couldnt see any skew or any blockages for the laser aperture. I moved the laser shutter for the yellow back and forth a good few times and then noticed the Milor strip would stick at one end then get bent under the laser shutter, most probably causing it to either stick or maybe not sit correctly, dont know why it would be ok for the multiple copies and only happen on the first copy. but in the end, i took the laser shutter out, hey presto all working fine, customer doesnt do much colour at all, so ill take the chance that the laser will stay pretty clean...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    Thanks for that Dan, I worked on it again for another 3 or 4 hours today, finally got it sorted and i actually checked this part initially and didnt see the issue...it was a milor strip that is attached to the laser shutter on the yellow, I had tried everything else, so took out the laser (again) stripped and cleaned it, but still the first initial copy would come out with the faint/blank part of the image and the rest of that copy was perfect, every copy after was perfect. i took out itb/drum for the yellow, took off all the toner housing etc, toner door and started playing with the laser shutter, all looked fine, couldnt see any skew or any blockages for the laser aperture. I moved the laser shutter for the yellow back and forth a good few times and then noticed the Milor strip would stick at one end then get bent under the laser shutter, most probably causing it to either stick or maybe not sit correctly, dont know why it would be ok for the multiple copies and only happen on the first copy. but in the end, i took the laser shutter out, hey presto all working fine, customer doesnt do much colour at all, so ill take the chance that the laser will stay pretty clean...
    I would agree that it will probably be ok.