Quovadis

Canon Laserbase MF6560PL (Everything works but it doesnt copy ? )

Hi Folks , To be fair I am a newbie , so please be patient if I dont use the best terminology or dont have the underpinning knowledge to rely on

In essence, This machine has always been temperamental , but recently it seemed to stop copying altogether ... Everything functions with no error messages
    but no matter if you copy or scan , nothing is printed .... Does anyone have a flowchart I could follow to try and narrow down what the problem is please

Does anyone have a repair /engineers repair manual or fault finder available?

any help really appreciated

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Canon Laserbase MF6560PL (Everything works but it doesnt copy ? )

Quote Originally Posted by Quovadis View Post
    Hi Folks , To be fair I am a newbie , so please be patient if I dont use the best terminology or dont have the underpinning knowledge to rely on

In essence, This machine has always been temperamental , but recently it seemed to stop copying altogether ... Everything functions with no error messages
    but no matter if you copy or scan , nothing is printed .... Does anyone have a flowchart I could follow to try and narrow down what the problem is please

Hi there,

There was a problem with these machines where the shutter for the laser unit would not open properly when the cartridge was inserted. This caused blank copies and prints.
    You would have to remove the outer covers and add some sort of pad to the existing one so that it increases the height which the cover goes up.

Hope this helps

Alternatively you can just remove the cover altogether and it would do the same thing but it may be a health and safety issue though

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon Laserbase MF6560PL  (Everything works but it doesnt copy ? )

Re: Canon Laserbase MF6560PL (Everything works but it doesnt copy ? )

Quote Originally Posted by Quovadis View Post

Blank Due to Stuck Shutter

See Laser Information PDF's

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...b-85b9ccffa456

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...9-1d3e0d9438a7
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**