Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ir3300 bypass problem

Ir3300 bypass problem

Whenever i turn on the machine, it always detect there is a paper on bypass but i did not put any paper on it then the screen show asking me to select the paper size on the bypass. Can i disable the bypass?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: Ir3300 bypass problem

Quote Originally Posted by jiongpao View Post
    Whenever i turn on the machine, it always detect there is a paper on bypass but i did not put any paper on it then the screen show asking me to select the paper size on the bypass. Can i disable the bypass?
    I don't think you can. Sounds like a stuck flag or bad sensor in the bypass paper detect.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ir3300 bypass problem

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    I don't think you can. Sounds like a stuck flag or bad sensor in the bypass paper detect.
    This issue is caused by the bypas lifter plate cam stopping in the wrong position or the black plastic guide the cam rides on is missing, it falls off when the customer slams the right door shut!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ir3300 bypass problem

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    This issue is caused by the bypas lifter plate cam stopping in the wrong position or the black plastic guide the cam rides on is missing, it falls off when the customer slams the right door shut!

The machine displays a message of,"Manual Paper Select-Select Paper Size", after powering on and completing the boot process.This happens even when there is no paper in the stack bypass. At this prompt the paper size can be selected as well as the paper type by following the prompts. When all the prompts have been followed the machine can still copy and also detects paper in the stack bypass tray. When the stack bypass tray is selected for copying, the machine will even try to pick up paper from the stack bypass resulting in a false jam when no paper is in the stack bypass tray. This problem is mostly noticed at power on.

Solution : ��

Check the Right Door Assembly. There is a part on the right door assembly that can fall off or be dislodged. This part is a black plastic piece on the right door assembly. This part is located in the parts manual on Figure 120 and is item#13. The discription is, "ARM, CAM FOLLOWER". Without this part installed, the machine will believe that there is paper in the stack bypass. The part drops the multi feed guide and blocks and unblocks the multi paper sensor flag when the machine's right door is closed. The part needs to be reattatched to the machine. The part number is FB6-2786-000.

See pic link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh4iy7cw3m...12694.jpg?dl=0
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**