Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Jerrygbs's Avatar

ir 3245 is locking up intermittently

We have a ir 3245 that locks up intermittently, we are trying to find out if a print job is causing a problem or the machines just locking up. The machine is totally locked up, it acts as if its ready but there is no response from the ops panel or the touch screen, no red flashing light , just not responding. When the machine is turned off and on by the main power on right side it comes up and performs fine. I don't want to be a parts changer but I thinking HD , ram, mainboard. I want to know what fixes it , but I dont want to piss off the customer doing it 1 part at a time, which could take weeks since the problem is so intermittent. As always any help is very appreciated.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: ir 3245 is locking up intermittently

Hello! I am just wondering if you've formatted the HD and put new firmware on the machine? You didn't mention that in your post. I have a similar machine that would lock up like that during faxes only, and it was fixed with a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by JParker View Post
    Hello! I am just wondering if you've formatted the HD and put new firmware on the machine? You didn't mention that in your post. I have a similar machine that would lock up like that during faxes only, and it was fixed with a flash.
    Yes we updated with the newest software but we didn't format the HD

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Tonersniffer's Avatar

I can assume there is nothing in the error history?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonersniffer View Post
    I can assume there is nothing in the error history?
    Sorry about info : No error codes no alarm codes and the logs show no print errors either. We're just no getting any help from the machine, it just seems like a logic problem to me

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrygbs View Post
    Yes we updated with the newest software but we didn't format the HD
    Just as well

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    FYI...3245 HDD comes pre-formatted from Canon. If you install it in copier then format it before writing software to it, it wont work. Order another one...lol
    Revitailizing a formatted HD on a Canon 3245
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrygbs View Post
    We have a ir 3245 that locks up intermittently, we are trying to find out if a print job is causing a problem or the machines just locking up. The machine is totally locked up, it acts as if its ready but there is no response from the ops panel or the touch screen, no red flashing light , just not responding. When the machine is turned off and on by the main power on right side it comes up and performs fine. I don't want to be a parts changer but I thinking HD , ram, mainboard. I want to know what fixes it , but I dont want to piss off the customer doing it 1 part at a time, which could take weeks since the problem is so intermittent. As always any help is very appreciated.
    I had one where I replaced, control panel first and then hard drive and ram second. It kept doing it and we took another machine out there and it did the same thing. My boss and our IT tech got evolved in it and I think the outcome was to give them a different machine. It was a car auction place so I suspected POE on their network because of maybe them having cameras but never found out. Have not seen their new advanced machine but it must be working as I have not had a call in many months since they got it. I read in canon forums of problems with POE but I am not sure of any customers that use that and since other people got involved I never found out if they did. Machine control panel would lock up and turning it off and on it was ok for a while.