Senior Tech 100+ Posts COPYDOCAZ's Avatar

IR c5035 adv USB issues

Customer wants to print PDF from thumb drive and save scans to thumb drive but when I put the usb drive in the port the only option that pops up is to safely remove the drive. I checked the settings and it is turned on on the web interface. Is there some other setting I need to adjust ?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR c5035 adv USB issues

Re: IR c5035 adv USB issues

Quote Originally Posted by COPYDOCAZ View Post
    Customer wants to print PDF from thumb drive and save scans to thumb drive but when I put the usb drive in the port the only option that pops up is to safely remove the drive. I checked the settings and it is turned on on the web interface. Is there some other setting I need to adjust ?

��

To view or print items on a USB stick, there are some settings in Settings/Registration that need to be set.

First :
    SETTINGS/REGISTRATION > PREFERENCES > DISPLAY SETTINGS > STORE LOCATION DISPLAY SETTINGS > SET MEMORY MEDIA set to ON.

Second :
    SETTINGS/REGISTRATION > PREFERENCES > EXTERNAL INTERFACE > USB SETTINGS > USE USB DEVICE and turn it ON, also ensure that both MEAP settings are set to OFF.

Third :
    SETTINGS/REGISTRATION > FUNCTION SETTINGS (PG 2) >STORE/ACCESS FILES > ADVANCE BOX SETTINGS > PROHIBIT WRITING FROM EXTERNAL and set it to OFF ( it is ON by default )

While printing from a USB memory stick, the maximum file size supported for printing is 2GB. It may be necessary to make multiple files from larger ones to accommodate this.

The specification for printing files from a USB stick at one time is 6 files each with a maximum size of 2GB.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Just as a secondary piece of advice
    I am pretty sure you need the expansion kit to allow printing of PDF files on the Canon machines
    it will scan to usb pdf and tiff but printing is restricted to just JPEG and TIFF without the actual expansion licence installed for PDF etc
    Can you confirm you can see files on the USB stick
    Try printing a JPG File

IR c5035 adv USB issues

Unable to print PDF files from USB stick with Direct Print Kit installed. Other file formats work with no issues.

Solution :

Set the following: Settings/Registration>Login (7654321)>Function Settings>Printer>PDL Selection(Plug and Play)> Default is UFRII, set to UFRII (XPS). This resolved the issue.

This setting is valid when the Direct Print Kit is installed ONLY, if the PS or PCL kit is installed this setting is not necessary.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IR c5035 adv USB issues

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Unable to print PDF files from USB stick with Direct Print Kit installed. Other file formats work with no issues.

Solution :

Set the following: Settings/Registration>Login (7654321)>Function Settings>Printer>PDL Selection(Plug and Play)> Default is UFRII, set to UFRII (XPS). This resolved the issue.

This setting is valid when the Direct Print Kit is installed ONLY, if the PS or PCL kit is installed this setting is not necessary.
    I have an AdvC2225 in the field that I can't get to print from a flash drive in the USB port. I have tried all the suggestions you have in this post but PRINT is grayed out so I can't press it. I can see everything on the drive, I can select the PDF, which is just a plain PDF with the work TEST on it so size isn't an issue. Any other suggestions.

IR c5035 adv USB issues

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    I have an AdvC2225 in the field that I can't get to print from a flash drive in the USB port. I have tried all the suggestions you have in this post but PRINT is grayed out so I can't press it. I can see everything on the drive, I can select the PDF, which is just a plain PDF with the work TEST on it so size isn't an issue. Any other suggestions.

on this seriesHow to enable USB media
    The memory media button has to be enabled.
    -It is enabled under service mode in COPIER>OPTION>DSPLY-SW Level 2

Enter a 1 for the setting UI-MEM and power the machine off and back on.

=====================
    Note:
    USB driver setting (iR-ADV series):
    System driver is active by default in iR-ADV series.
    The driver can be changed in Settings/Registration (user mode).
    Usually, It is not necessary to change the setting because it is specified in the MEAP application side.
    Only in the case of a special MEAP application, it is necessary to change the USB driver setting.

Last edited by teckat; 11-07-2017 at 05:40 PM.