Memory board usually goes into the controller at the back of the machine
you then activate the PS PDL with a licence key on the display, reboot and it will then be "activated"
from memory (no pun intended) I believe the memory goes onto the Main Controller 1 (Network Port side of the device)
I have a PS kit AR1 with an additional memory board for an IRADVC5250. Does someone have the installation guide? Or tell me where that memory board gets installed and any setting changes?
PS Kit AR1-------------------add xtra optional memory on Main Controller pcb. 2--- see pic below
Overview of the Installation Procedure;
As a rule, the user is expected to obtain a license key and register it to the device.
Detailed instructions are found in the User's Guide.
The following is an outline of the instructions:
1. Using the following URL, access the LMS, and obtain the license key by following theinstructions shown on the screen:Canon - lms - Note: A license key is issued in exchange for the 16-digit number indicated on the LicenseAccess Number Certificate and the serial number of the device (e.g., ABC01234)to which the license will be registered. The device serial number will be indicated inresponse to a press on the Counter key on the iR device (under [Serial Number]).
2. Copy the 24-digit number shown on the Web browser screen in the space given for thepurpose on the License Access Number Certificate sheet. Important:Be sure to double-check the number to avoid an error.Be sure that the user is awareof the importance of the License Access Number Certificate and that it must be storedaway in a safe place.
3. Make the following selections: user mode>system control setup>license control.
Then, typein the 16-digit number, and click [Execute].
In response, the license key will be registered andthe appropriate functions will be enabled. Otherwise, any of the following error messages willappear:"The number of the license key is not correct.
Check the license key.">> Make sure that the license key is not issued for a different device.>> Make sure that the number has been correctly typed in.>> Make sure that the license key is the correct one."The function has already been enabled.">> Make sure that the Kit has not already been enabled.
4. Hold down the control panel power switch for 3 sec or more. Follow the instructions shownon the screen for shut-down sequence so that the main power switch may be turned off. Turnoff the main power switch, wait for 10 sec, and turn it back on.
5. The registered license will become valid when the device is turned back on. When it hasstarted normally, press the Counter key, and click the Device Configuration button to makesure that the Kit is indicated as part of the options.
**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**