Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon ir3570 Grinding noise

I work for a Ricoh/Lanier dealer but one of our customers recently inherited a Canon ir3570. It was working fine for a few weeks then started to make a grinding noise from the fuser area. It's quiet during boot/warm-up but the noise starts as soon as you attempt to print or make a copy. They don't really want to put a lot of money into it so before I rip it apart I wanted to find out if there were any known/common issues...
    Thanks in advance!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon ir3570 Grinding noise

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    I work for a Ricoh/Lanier dealer but one of our customers recently inherited a Canon ir3570. It was working fine for a few weeks then started to make a grinding noise from the fuser area. It's quiet during boot/warm-up but the noise starts as soon as you attempt to print or make a copy. They don't really want to put a lot of money into it so before I rip it apart I wanted to find out if there were any known/common issues...
    Thanks in advance!
    What have you done? Have you pegged the door switches/sensors to see if you can determine WHERE the grinding is coming from?

I attempted to, but not being familiar (I've only worked on Ricoh/Lanier and some HP for the last 15 years), I wasn't able to track down where all the sensors/switches were that I needed to trick and I caused a code instead. I was able to reset it (thanks Google) but not effectively trick the door. I can definitely hear that it is coming from the fusing drive area. Since they don't want to spend a lot of time or money unless it can be fixed, I had to keep my evaluation short and sweet.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Tonersniffer's Avatar

The fixing film is common FM2-1793-000 and makes noises. I know Phil (but....)
    Last edited by Tonersniffer; 03-23-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tonersniffer View Post
    The fixing film is common FM2-1793-000 and makes noises. I know Phil (but....)

"I know Phil (but....)" You KNOW me? or are you talking about the fixing film?