Senior Tech 250+ Posts ReproKev's Avatar

c2880 color registration off

First off....this is the first c2880 series machine that I've worked on (I do have the manual). I replaced the cyan drum and ITB cleaning assembly for copy quality issues and everything went smooth. Now the machine has color reg problems in the side-to-side (operator to wall) direction. Color reg was fine when I got there.

I've triple checked everything and ran quick and full gradations multiple times while cycling the power in between. I've also cleaned the image adjustment sensors (under the shutters) for the itb. No luck. This machine doesn't have color mismatch like the newer ones do so I couldn't run that.

Am I missing something simple? any suggestions?

Phone pics:

IMG_7618.jpgIMG_7617.jpg

more info: the ITB cleaning assembly I installed had white lubricant on the blade already so I didn't add any additional to it or the ITB belt. Not sure if that matters but...
    Last edited by ReproKev; 03-23-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    c2880 color registration off

Re: c2880 color registration off

Quote Originally Posted by ReproKev View Post
    First off....this is the first c2880 series machine that I've worked on (I do have the manual). I replaced the cyan drum and ITB cleaning assembly for copy quality issues and everything went smooth. Now the machine has color reg problems in the side-to-side (operator to wall) direction. Color reg was fine when I got there.

I've triple checked everything and ran quick and full gradations multiple times while cycling the power in between. I've also cleaned the image adjustment sensors (under the shutters) for the itb. No luck. This machine doesn't have color mismatch like the newer ones do so I couldn't run that.

Am I missing something simple? any suggestions?

Phone pics:

IMG_7618.jpgIMG_7617.jpg

Main Scan = is Cross-Feed = Operator side to Back

Sub Scan = is Paper Feed Direction

Your Magenta / &YellowDisplacement is off in Main Scan ---------------------

Auto Color Correction Mismatch=

To perform an auto color correction mismatch, Enter Additional Functions Adjustments and Cleaning. On page three select auto color mismatch correction.

If Auto color correction mismatch is not an option, be sure to update the firmware to the latest version.
    v96.03.01 V3

First --Try Removing the noise dampening pad for the Registration sensor flag and then performing Reg-Clear, Quick Adjust and then adjusting the IMG-REG may resolve the issue.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Misregistration is occurring in the front to rear (cross feed) direction only. The lead to trail registration is within specification.
    ---

This problem can be resolved by clearing out the Registration Data stored in the DC Controller. To clear the data, perform the following.

Enter Service Mode: Level 2 > Copier > Function > Clear > Reg/Clear. Highlight Reg/Clear and press OK.
    After performing the clear, reboot the machine and perform a Gradation Quick Adjust and then a Full Gradation adjust.

Note*
    Following the instructions above could prevent you from having to perform a DC-CON clear, and inputting all DC-CON values from the door label.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Thank so for the info. I'll give that a try.

Follow up:

The machine didn't have the reg-clr in service mode (I looked in level 1 and 2).....maybe an older software version? Before I tried upgrading system software or clearing DC-Con, I decided to cycle the power once more, run quick and full gradations....... and all was well. Not wanting to cause any more problems I packed up and left a happy customer. Thanks for the help.

I had this and had to do a dc con reset which fixed it, that was near 2 years ago amd hasnt been in for any rego issue since.