Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question RemoteUI Contents is Not Found!! RUI Module Version : 7903

Hello Copytechnet.com!

I'm a new user seeking assistance as the sole IT tech for a small family business. We recently acquired a Canon iR 3220 that we've been wanting to get up and running for office-area scanning, printing, faxing, etc. Today we were able to get an ethernet cable run to the printer and I started setting up server-distributed print drivers for all the workstations on the network. Everything was going swimmingly until I went to start working on the scanning portion of the project which is, for us, the most desirable trait of this machine. Unfortunately, after doing a little research I determined that there is an issue with the web GUI when navigating to the printer's IP address followed by the :8000 port in my browser. I get the landing page fine but any navigation through any hyperlinks takes me to an error page showing:

"RemoteUI Contents is Not Found!!
    RUI Module Version : 7903"

At this point, I'm somewhat stuck. It seems to me I may need to do a factory reset and/or reflash the firmware? I also saw mention of SST? I'm a little out of my element here, as this printer is far and away the most complicated printer I've ever had to work with.

I'm hoping to find some advice and assistance on configuring and setting this machine up for our humble small business and would be most appreciative of any help I can get.

FWIW - Our goal is network-shared printing and scanning to a network-shared folder on our LAN server. Fax is irrelevant. Web GUI management would be a great help, but isn't necessary (unless required for printing/scanning). We received this printer secondhand for $50 with no additional documentation or materials. Literally just the machine with it's physically attached equipment which all appears to be in working order.

I appreciate your time and consideration and look forward to any responses.

- Kyle

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: RemoteUI Contents is Not Found!! RUI Module Version : 7903

Quote Originally Posted by eskimio View Post
    Hello Copytechnet.com!

I'm a new user seeking assistance as the sole IT tech for a small family business. We recently acquired a Canon iR 3220 that we've been wanting to get up and running for office-area scanning, printing, faxing, etc. Today we were able to get an ethernet cable run to the printer and I started setting up server-distributed print drivers for all the workstations on the network. Everything was going swimmingly until I went to start working on the scanning portion of the project which is, for us, the most desirable trait of this machine. Unfortunately, after doing a little research I determined that there is an issue with the web GUI when navigating to the printer's IP address followed by the :8000 port in my browser. I get the landing page fine but any navigation through any hyperlinks takes me to an error page showing:

At this point, I'm somewhat stuck. It seems to me I may need to do a factory reset and/or reflash the firmware? I also saw mention of SST? I'm a little out of my element here, as this printer is far and away the most complicated printer I've ever had to work with.

I'm hoping to find some advice and assistance on configuring and setting this machine up for our humble small business and would be most appreciative of any help I can get.

FWIW - Our goal is network-shared printing and scanning to a network-shared folder on our LAN server. Fax is irrelevant. Web GUI management would be a great help, but isn't necessary (unless required for printing/scanning). We received this printer secondhand for $50 with no additional documentation or materials. Literally just the machine with it's physically attached equipment which all appears to be in working order.

I appreciate your time and consideration and look forward to any responses.

- Kyle
    Have you manually input static ip address to machine...?

Quote Originally Posted by rudysemira View Post
    Have you manually input static ip address to machine...?
    I have the printer set to a static IP address, yes. I have also tried navigating to the IP address in a browser, that is how I received the error message. I assume that had I not put in the correct IP address (regardless of whether it was static or not) that the error message would not have shown at all?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Smile Re: RemoteUI Contents is Not Found!! RUI Module Version : 7903

Quote Originally Posted by eskimio View Post
    I have the printer set to a static IP address, yes. I have also tried navigating to the IP address in a browser, that is how I received the error message. I assume that had I not put in the correct IP address (regardless of whether it was static or not) that the error message would not have shown at all?
    Let do first ping the ip address from your computer if it is response properly before you go to setup via internet browser. Then attach sample image....

Quote Originally Posted by rudysemira View Post
    Let do first ping the ip address from your computer if it is response properly before you go to setup via internet browser. Then attach sample image....
    Here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    RemoteUI Contents is Not Found!! RUI Module Version : 7903

If you are printing to it fine then it is obviously connected OK.

Use internet explorer & just enter the ip address into the address bar (don't put port :8000 etc)
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    If you are printing to it fine then it is obviously connected OK.

Use internet explorer & just enter the ip address into the address bar (don't put port :8000 etc)
    I was trying to assert the fact that it was working and connectivity was fine with my initial post, but I guess proving it makes sense. As per the topic title and my initial post, I get

From going to the printer's IP address in a browser. I've attached a screenshot which can also be viewed here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    RemoteUI Contents is Not Found!! RUI Module Version : 7903

Sorry I read your post in a hurry.

From your screen grab I can see the RUI system software is not installed, most likely the HDD has been replaced at some time & not all the software was installed.

If I were you I would call out a canon tech to service the machine & reinstall the missing system software.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Sorry I read your post in a hurry.

From your screen grab I can see the RUI system software is not installed, most likely the HDD has been replaced at some time & not all the software was installed.

If I were you I would call out a canon tech to service the machine & reinstall the missing system software.
    I agree. Most of the posts I have seen on the canon website are to replace software and or hard drive and software.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

You will get this error if the versions of the main controller and RUI are different.

I had this happen some years back when a tech had updated one, but not the other.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins