Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IR8105 web?

Independent Service Tech 100+ Posts
    IR8105 web?

IR8105 web?

I had a error E001-0002 and found the web unwound from the web drive shaft of the web and then wrapped around the red foam roller? I cleaned all thermistors and reset and the fuser error was resolved. I did not have a replacement web. I temporarily wound the web back onto the shaft for testing.

The web drive one way arm appears to function fine and but I have not been able to run it enough to see if it advances. I don't believe it is advancing. There is possibly a gear or is it a cam that may slip under the load of driving when copying? Not sure if it is? The web was used for 80K approximately and wound several winds onto the drive roller of the web before the failure and unwinding off the web shaft. There was a small amount of extra toner for a 1/2 inch on the last area of cleaning web contact area the web performed. Has anyone had trouble with the webs for these machines. I've had the web drive failures before (IR6000/IR7105) and found lots of dried toner caked on the web, not this time?

Has anyone had any issues with the web drive mechanism or defective webs? The gears all appear in good condition. The machine has 1.5 Million.

Thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: IR8105 web?

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    I had a error E001-0002 and found the web unwound from the web drive shaft of the web and then wrapped around the red foam roller? I cleaned all thermistors and reset and the fuser error was resolved. I did not have a replacement web. I temporarily wound the web back onto the shaft for testing.

The web drive one way arm appears to function fine and but I have not been able to run it enough to see if it advances. I don't believe it is advancing. There is possibly a gear or is it a cam that may slip under the load of driving when copying? Not sure if it is? The web was used for 80K approximately and wound several winds onto the drive roller of the web before the failure and unwinding off the web shaft. There was a small amount of extra toner for a 1/2 inch on the last area of cleaning web contact area the web performed. Has anyone had trouble with the webs for these machines. I've had the web drive failures before (IR6000/IR7105) and found lots of dried toner caked on the web, not this time?

Has anyone had any issues with the web drive mechanism or defective webs? The gears all appear in good condition. The machine has 1.5 Million.

Thanks!
    I had one with a broken part. The broken part was like an arm (white) in gear advance assembly. I just replaced the upper half of the fuser since there was a few million copies on the fuser assembly.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post

Thanks!
    Are you making manually operates from the mechanical gear for cleaning web if freely rotate? if not check and inspect all gears and clean it..... and much better replace the cleaning web because if cleaning web is not sticky and it dry i advice you to change it>>>>

IR8105 web?

I am going back with new web, new web drive gears and oneway lever arm.

Thank!

IR8105 web?

New web, gears and lever arm....all solved. Thanks for your help!