Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    heater

Banner Page Setting Not Coming to Local PC - No Banner Page When Printing

We have various Canon Image Runner Advanced Models 6255, C5255, C5555 and are having some difficulties with getting the banner page settings to come down to some of the local PCs. I have a Windows 12 print server (this occurred on a Windows 2008 print server as well). We have Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 10 and some Windows 7 32 bit computers. In Print Management on the print server > All Printers > right click on the copier, Set Printing Defaults. I set the Finishing, Advanced Settings, Print Banner Page to Auto.

I cannot seem to get the banner page setting to come down to the computers, at least some of them. I have also tried selecting the copier from Print Servers, print server name, Printers, right click the copier, Properties, setting the Preferences, Finishing, Advanced Settings and the Advanced tab, Finishing, Advanced Settings - Print Banner Page to Auto.

Have also tried setting the Separator Page under Advanced to no avail.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Banner Page Setting Not Coming to Local PC - No Banner Page When Printing

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

heater

Hi. The users could change their settings, however, I wish for it to push from the print server to alleviate the pain of trying to get sixty users to properly go through and set these settings on their computer.

The Canon copiers only have an option to select auto for banner pages. There is also the standard print driver separator page area. Neither of these help to push the settings down to the users from the print server. I have to use UFRII drivers as I have no other license on this copier. Copiers where I can use PS driver seem to work fine. I am wondering if there is an issue with UFRII drivers, and Windows 2012 print server. Have tried the latest Canon UFRII driver 30.00 and the prior driver 28.00. Also tried the Canon generic.

Thanks,
    Roger

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Canon Generic UFR II Printer Driver v2.20
    This version supports Windows Vista SP2/Windows 7 SP1/Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10/Server 2003 SP2/Server 2003 R2 SP2/Server 2008 SP2/Server 2008 R2 SP1/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016 x64. PACKAGE-AWARE PRINT DRIVER - PLEASE READ ’RELEASE NOTES’ BEFORE INSTALLING THIS DRIVER ON A PRINT SERVER

================================================== ========================
    Canon Generic UFR II Printer Driver v2.15. --profile update pdf.

Canon Generic UFR II Printer Driver v2.15 Update.pdf (174.6 KB)--see attach below bottom

so this is what u see

Setting Printer Defaults on Print Server

Question :

• How does one push out printer defaults defaults that apply for end users when the printer driver is loaded on their workstations?
    • Environment: Customer has a print server that hosts all of its printer devices on its network.

Answer :

Prerequisites:

• Printer is shared on the network, or at least accessible by the end-user's workstation
    • Correct and compatible driver is installed for the printer on the print server

• User with admin rights is able to modify changes to print drivers on the print server

Examples:

• Set to 1-sided printing for users (2-sided is factory default)

Notes: Setting printer defaults is NOT the same as right clicking on the individual Printer > Printer properties > Preferences. When printer preferences are edited this way, local printer's settings are only updated on the server side, but this will not carry out to end users. Printer defaults MUST be configured as defined in this article to push out the configuration to users.

Procedure:

1. Log in to the print server
    2. Navigate to Print Management (or pick one below)
      1. Alternate: Run Prompt > type "printmanagement.msc"

1. Alternate: Press Windows Key, type "printmanagement.msc"

1. Alternate: Windows Key + R (Run Prompt)> type "printmanagement.msc"

3. In the Print Management dialog, navigate to "All Printers" > (Select the Printer, right click) > Set Printing Defaults
    4. Bring up the Printing Defaults dialog for this printer device. Configure the changes the customer would like to push out on their server.
      • Do keep in mind that this looks similar to the Printer Preferences version. Changes made anywhere in this window dialog will apply to the end-users' printer drivers.
      • This window dialog may differ depending on the driver that is installed (i.e. PS, UFR, PCL, etc.)

1. For the changes to take effect, one can do any of the following:
      1. If the customer's environment is managed under GPO (Group Policy), one can initiate a gpupdate /force command via Command Prompt on the end user's PC to immediately pull the changes made in printing defaults from the print server.
      2. Have the customer's IT manager/sys admin reinstall printers on end-users' workstations if they (end-users) do not see the reflected default changes right away.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by teckat; 03-28-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**