Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Alan D

Question CLC 4040 Drum and Toner Question

We have a Canon CLC4040. We used to have a CLC3220. Does anyone know if the Drum Units and Toners from the 3220 will work in the 4040

I know The chips are different between the C-EXV8 and C-EXV16 but the units are physically the same inside and out. Is there a difference in the Toner and Developer consistency ?

If I put C-EXV16 Chips on the C-EXV8 Drums and toners will i be ok to use in the CLC4040 or would they cause problems?

Any suggestions or knowledge would be great as I have left overs from our old machine and the C-EXV8 units are cheaper than C-EXv16

Many Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar

Re: CLC 4040 Drum and Toner Question

Quote Originally Posted by Alan D View Post
    We have a Canon CLC4040. We used to have a CLC3220. Does anyone know if the Drum Units and Toners from the 3220 will work in the 4040

I know The chips are different between the C-EXV8 and C-EXV16 but the units are physically the same inside and out. Is there a difference in the Toner and Developer consistency ?

If I put C-EXV16 Chips on the C-EXV8 Drums and toners will i be ok to use in the CLC4040 or would they cause problems?

Any suggestions or knowledge would be great as I have left overs from our old machine and the C-EXV8 units are cheaper than C-EXv16

Many Thanks
    No, you cant! Drums are different also toner. You canon use drums and toner for irc4080 into clc4040. Bye
    "Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar

Re: CLC 4040 Drum and Toner Question

Quote Originally Posted by tinnyjay View Post
    No, you cant! Drums are different also toner. You canon use drums and toner for irc4080 into clc4040. Bye
    PS. you can use CEXV 17 into clc4040 if you find a good price, but you have to know that toner yield is lower than CEXv16
    Bye
    "Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"