Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Z1 inner fin for irc23/3580

Hi,

Went to a IRC3580 today with a Z1 Inner finisher, customer says pages are just spewing out and not sorting etc. Further investigation looks as if the delivery rollers/or exit rollers are not applying enough pressure to actually deliver the pages out onto the tray and instead the pages are being pushed out and not actually being delivered. Is there a way of adjusting how much pressure the exit roller assy can be "lowered" to put pressure onto the pages and get them actually delivered out instead of pushed out?

tks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Z1 inner fin for irc23/3580

No roller adjustments available ---u could have a M1 ( stepping issue if speed is not changing )====The delivery motor (M1) is a 4-phase stepping motor.
    The motor drive changes the order and frequency of pulse signals (A, A*, B, B*) generated according to the
    signals from the CPU, thereby controlling the direction and speed of rotation of the delivery motor (M1).

Inner Z1
    Controlling the Delivery Roller

The delivery roller and the inlet roller are driven by the delivery motor (M1).

There are 3 one-way clutches between the motor and the delivery roller, offering 2 pairs of drive systems.

When the motor rotates forward, the drive system on the side of the one-way clutch A will go on to rotate the
    delivery roller at full speed.
    When the motor rotates in reverse, the side of the one-way clutch B goes on to rotate the delivery roller at half
    speed.
    The delivery roller is rotated at full speed or at half speed in keeping with the full and 1/2 speeds of the process
    speed of the host machine.

The motor drive changes the order and frequency of pulse signals (A, A*, B, B*) generated according to the
    signals from the CPU, thereby controlling the direction and speed of rotation of the delivery motor (M1).
    ================================================== =================================

There is a Dip Switch Function Check for M1

Delivery Motor (M1)
    forward, low-speed -> forward, high-speed ->
    rest -> reverse, low-speed -> reverse, high-speed-> rest

The DIP switch (SW104) found on the finisher controller PCB has the following functions:
    - Each press on SW104 enables a different operation.
    - All bits of SW104 must be shifted to OFF at the end of a check.

Dip switch.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

hi,

Got this sucker to work, took an old Z1 FIN with me to use for parts if needed. 2 x tension springs were missing on the customers Finisher, i replaced those, but the sheets were still be spewed out and not being collated at all. Stripped it down again and then noticed these 2 rollers with a black belt/tyre missing, replaced those and she was like new...if i didnt have the old scrap finisher to compare it with, I would have never have noticed the minute black belt missing.. see photo of roller and belt.IMG_20170424_112848-min.jpg

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    hi,

Got this sucker to work, took an old Z1 FIN with me to use for parts if needed. 2 x tension springs were missing on the customers Finisher, i replaced those, but the sheets were still be spewed out and not being collated at all. Stripped it down again and then noticed these 2 rollers with a black belt/tyre missing, replaced those and she was like new...if i didnt have the old scrap finisher to compare it with, I would have never have noticed the minute black belt missing.. see photo of roller and belt.IMG_20170424_112848-min.jpg

Amazin'
    🍷
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**