Canons aren't what I normally work on, I wonder what advice or information a knowledgeable person would have. I was called on this machine they said had noise and streaks. I found the noise, but it had no streaks. I did notice that on the rear edge the print is a bit fuzzy and the density fluctuates in a regular pattern. This happens in the top inch and a half of the copy. I cleaned all the optics and contacts, had the developer and drum unit out & in several times, but nothing changed.
I wonder if anyone can tell me how good the developers are. I replaced it in recent memory so it's not that old or used. About six months ago I had to go there for gray background. Cleaning the mag roller cleared up the problem. How good are these units ? It's difficult for me to tell how evenly coated the mag roller was, it seemed to look like the coating was thinner on the opposite end of where the problem was showing. It doesn't make much sense to me. Thank you for taking time to consider my question.