IR2870 & 0207 jams

We have looked at a IR 2870 that would jam when duplexing on the right side.

I believe now it is also jamming on regular copies. Looks like it has (8) 0207 jam codes in the last 10.

Machine has at least 600,000 pages on it.

I saw another thread on here that showed some black "tape" near a set of white rollers (might have been a IR4570).
    This IR2870 does not have that on it.We have only done a couple of calls on it so far. We did replace the fuser unit maybe
    4-5 months ago.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR2870 & 0207 jams

Re: IR2870 & 0207 jams

Pain in the butt code.

Try adding an extra wrap to sensor PS13, which is the fixing outlet sensor.

Paper Stops at the Deliver and the imageRUNNER shows a 0207 Jam code.

so it jams on single & double sided ?
    from all locations ? all paper sizes?

Ejection Motor M4 ?
    You can check the motor in Parts Check in service mode. Copier>Function>Parts-CHK>MTR-4, >MTR-ON

The part number for the Ejection Motor is FK2-0365-000
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR2870 & 0207 jams

All the gates and sensor flags have rubber dampers behind them to prevent noise. Start removing them. The 1 gates on the door and the registration sensor flag are most common. Reg flag you may need to pull paper feed units to reach in and get them

machine was working off and on it looks like for them.

I think we have removed quite a few if not all of those little rubber pads.

We picked it up and the end of the day today. I made some copies in LTR-R and LTR. 1 copy would be ok, usually 2 copies ok, 4+ then would jam (207 in JAM screen PS13).
    I did I think at least 20 copies 1 at a time and they all fed fine. (single sided). This was from tray 2.

Registration clutch? Reg. sensor? Didn't have much time to full with it beyond that as I wanted to go home. lol

"extra wrap to sensor PS13" you mean like a tie wrap? wire has too much slack and causes problem? I'll check it out more on Monday.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR2870 & 0207 jams

Not a tie wrap.
    I use a retractable spring hook, and a regular hook to maneuver spring around the flag.
    Beats removing that unit (pain in butt)
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

IR2870 & 0207 jams

Quote Originally Posted by RandyW View Post

We picked it up and the end of the day today. I made some copies in LTR-R and LTR. 1 copy would be ok, usually 2 copies ok, 4+ then would jam (207 in JAM screen PS13).
    I did I think at least 20 copies 1 at a time and they all fed fine. (single sided). This was from tray 2.

Registration clutch? Reg. sensor? Didn't have much time to full with it beyond that as I wanted to go home. lol

"extra wrap to sensor PS13" you mean like a tie wrap? wire has too much slack and causes problem? I'll check it out more on Monday.
    Follow the path from fuser to exit and move all sensor flags to check for resistance especially the ones after fuser. Also the big guide on the door has 4 pads behind it. Could be reg clutch but I would rule out the pads first. I take them all off now. I don't care if it's a little noisier. At least it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RandyW View Post

I am glad I don't have many of those left. 95% of my calls were for paper jams. There are mods for the lower right door, take off the dampers that stick (it is easier to take out the top feed to make sure you get all the reg flag damper). I had one that jammed because of a registration clutch. Just watch the lead edge and if it varies it is the clutch. Mine was full of rust and cleaning it did not help. Increase the timing to the reg roller. Canon has a lot of tech pubs on this. Everyone had jams.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    IR2870 & 0207 jams

certainly alot of updates on this door assem., I've had to check the black guide, found it slightly cracked, can also check the solinoid that moves the guide, maybe clean an adjust the solinoid. good luck mate..

IR2870 & 0207 jams

If I remember the jams that required the door update were 0105

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk