Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C1 Imagepress E020-0486

C1 Imagepress E020-0486

This code came up on my C1. Months ago, I noticed that the black was printing light for about 4 copies when it pulled the same error code. At that time, the black toner was depleted but an "out of toner" warning did not come up. I replaced it with a new cartridge and performed an add toner through the service mode. It seems as if the black is being starved after about 200 copies. So the same thing happened again today, but twice. The black toner was very low, but not depleted but I replaced it anyway, and it was good for about 300 copies and the same error code came up - and the black was noticeably light. The density values and LED values are all within norms. What would be the best things to check?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C1 Imagepress E020-0486

Re: C1 Imagepress E020-0486

E020-0X86, could be any color. May also get washed out copies/prints.

When watching the turret move
    sometimes it would stop at different positions, even for the same color.
    Replacing the Rotary Motor Unit FM2-2641-000 resolved the error codes and washed out copies.

Black toner is depleting from the developing assembly.

Replacement of the black Sub Hopper assembly (FM2-2541-000) may resolve the error code.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C1 Imagepress E020-0486

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    E020-0X86, could be any color. May also get washed out copies/prints.

When watching the turret move
    sometimes it would stop at different positions, even for the same color.
    Replacing the Rotary Motor Unit FM2-2641-000 resolved the error codes and washed out copies.

Black toner is depleting from the developing assembly.

Replacement of the black Sub Hopper assembly (FM2-2541-000) may resolve the error code.
    I did replace the sub hopper unit and blew out the supply tube below the sub hopper unit, but it did not eliminate the problem with the black dropping out. I speculated that it could have something to do with the black developer unit. Upon digging down to the developers, I noticed that the black dev unit was somewhat hard to turn by hand - kind of like it was binding up. So I replaced that, and all is fine. The black is nice and solid now and not dropping out. Hope this helps someone in the future with similar issues.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C1 Imagepress E020-0486

Quote Originally Posted by victoryprinting View Post
    I did replace the sub hopper unit and blew out the supply tube below the sub hopper unit, but it did not eliminate the problem with the black dropping out. I speculated that it could have something to do with the black developer unit. Upon digging down to the developers, I noticed that the black dev unit was somewhat hard to turn by hand - kind of like it was binding up. So I replaced that, and all is fine. The black is nice and solid now and not dropping out. Hope this helps someone in the future with similar issues.

great workDALI LAMA.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**