Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jred82

Canon IPF 8100 errors

Hi all,

I have an IPF 8100 which says Multi Sensor error (03130031-2F32) on normal startup, but in Service mode boots up fine, carriage moves, but has issues in there too.

When I try to execute check nozzle pos, error 03130031-2F23 comes up. Seems to indicate error in purge motor or so on, however it's seems to work just fine.

When I try to execute change print head sequence, carriage moves into position and asks to open cover. Opening cover however won't get detected, even thou printer successfully detects it on booting.

Others errors I've seen so far 03130031-2F26, 03800500-2F30 and when trying to "move printer" level 1 I got replace R print head. Clean print heads starts also, but nothing really happens.

I used L Printer tool to flash firmware and that went as expected.

I suspect underlying issue is in print heads, what do you think?

Technician

Re: Canon IPF 8100 errors

Quote Originally Posted by jred82 View Post
    Hi all,

I have an IPF 8100 which says Multi Sensor error (03130031-2F32) on normal startup, but in Service mode boots up fine, carriage moves, but has issues in there too.

When I try to execute check nozzle pos, error 03130031-2F23 comes up. Seems to indicate error in purge motor or so on, however it's seems to work just fine.

When I try to execute change print head sequence, carriage moves into position and asks to open cover. Opening cover however won't get detected, even thou printer successfully detects it on booting.

Others errors I've seen so far 03130031-2F26, 03800500-2F30 and when trying to "move printer" level 1 I got replace R print head. Clean print heads starts also, but nothing really happens.

I used L Printer tool to flash firmware and that went as expected.

I suspect underlying issue is in print heads, what do you think?
    Did you ever figure anything out on your issue? I'm having a similar issue, although I did replace the printheads.

jred82

Quote Originally Posted by cutmoney View Post
    Did you ever figure anything out on your issue? I'm having a similar issue, although I did replace the printheads.
    I Change left printhead and now sequences works as they should. Left was the real reason for all those error messages, but still need to change right one too. I tried to run it without head's and noticed that when left was installed, errors came up, and after changing it errors went away and now it's requesting to change right one as it's broken too as it said before.

Let's see how that goes when I finally get another head, should be next week or so.

What yours do and say exactly? Maybe I'm able to help.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jred82 View Post
    I Change left printhead and now sequences works as they should. Left was the real reason for all those error messages, but still need to change right one too. I tried to run it without head's and noticed that when left was installed, errors came up, and after changing it errors went away and now it's requesting to change right one as it's broken too as it said before.

Let's see how that goes when I finally get another head, should be next week or so.

What yours do and say exactly? Maybe I'm able to help.
    So I was getting a xxx2618 hardware error which I was told by Canon that replacing the heads was usually the solution. I had to boot in service mode to get it to do a carriage move for the head replacement (although I have the printer casing stripped down at the moment, so I can access the carriage manually). When I do the head change command for both print heads, it does the normal "please wait, carriage moving." It moves the carriage, then says lift top cover. I lift the top cover and put in the new heads, but it just doesn't do anything after that. It doesn't recognize that the top cover has opened and will not respond to any other button pushes at that point, it just says "open top cover." I have to manually cycle the power with the plug. Now, if I boot it in normal mode it does some initial sequences and then moves the carriage, as if waiting for the head change. It does the same thing in that mode as well, just says open top cover.

It definitely knows if the top cover is open because if I start with the cover open it will say close top cover. So, it's basically checking for the cover status but doesn't seem to recognize when it is opened and closed during the head change.