Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    AdvC2020 Black Image

AdvC2020 Black Image

I have a strange copy quality on the black copies (color isn't so good either but I can fix that). See attached images. I have tried 2 new drums, cleaned the laser slit glass (even pulled the laser unit out to clean because I'm not a fan of the wand on this model), and it has OEM toners. The bottom portion of the black copy is blank and the rest is lousy too.Advc2020 image.pdf

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    AdvC2020 Black Image

Re: AdvC2020 Black Image

I just replaced a drum on a C2030 for similar issue. After the new drum was in place, I had continued lightness/voiding in the black as well. Cleaned the patch sensors and re-seated the drum. The locking mechanism wasn't sitting properly in place, so the drum wasn't making a good connection, thus causing the CQ problem. Not sure if you will be as lucky as me with such a simple fix. I think you're on the right track with drum and laser. Have you checked the 2nd transfer roller?

AdvC2020 Black Image

Quote Originally Posted by JParker View Post
    I just replaced a drum on a C2030 for similar issue. After the new drum was in place, I had continued lightness/voiding in the black as well. Cleaned the patch sensors and re-seated the drum. The locking mechanism wasn't sitting properly in place, so the drum wasn't making a good connection, thus causing the CQ problem. Not sure if you will be as lucky as me with such a simple fix. I think you're on the right track with drum and laser. Have you checked the 2nd transfer roller?
    I checked the drum connection, looks fine, I went ahead and cleaned the contacts that the drum makes in the rear of the machine, no change. Also, tried the seconary transfer roller and cleaned patch sensor, still no change.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    AdvC2020 Black Image

Inspect proper position between itb and drums.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

hi.easiest way to rule out drum....open it and look at the dev roller.if its covered with starter then its not drum.you need to fault find.check inside drum then laser.open laser see lens and mirror.if all looks good then check shutter.cant be 2nd trans roller as its only on black.check 1st transfer roller if you suspect transfer.but I will lean towards inside laser..your other colours might improve to.

AdvC2020 Black Image

Quote Originally Posted by JParker View Post

Sorry just now getting back with resolution. We changed out the laser unit and it is working great now.