Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    digitaldoc1976

Canon Imagepress C7000vpe Code E062-0100-05 on 4 presses at once!

OK. I had hoped to help on my first-ever post rather than beg for it... maybe in the next life, right?

I had recently encountered error code E062-100-05 on a single press and realized that I didn't quite close the process unit correctly. A single error reset, reboot and all was well. But then, I got called back today for not one, but ALL FOUR of the customer's presses down with the exact same code. Each one the same. This time, I can't reset out of it.

I will admit, that I've recently moved back to Canon after working for a minute on Ricohs, which I have to tell you have some interesting quirks if you haven't had the pleasure. Glad to be home. A lot has happened in a decade.

What am I doing wrong also when it comes to getting into SERVICE LEVEL 2 and higher? Can anyone help with the proper procedure in getting in deeper into service modes? I'm embarrassed.

I'm becoming an old dog, I guess. Can any of you whipper-snappers throw me a bone, please? I'll return the favor eventually. I promise.

Thanks in advance.

Lightbulb Re: Canon Imagepress C7000vpe Code E062-0100-05 on 4 presses at once!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldoc1976 View Post
    OK. I had hoped to help on my first-ever post rather than beg for it... maybe in the next life, right?

I had recently encountered error code E062-100-05 on a single press and realized that I didn't quite close the process unit correctly. A single error reset, reboot and all was well. But then, I got called back today for not one, but ALL FOUR of the customer's presses down with the exact same code. Each one the same. This time, I can't reset out of it.

I will admit, that I've recently moved back to Canon after working for a minute on Ricohs, which I have to tell you have some interesting quirks if you haven't had the pleasure. Glad to be home. A lot has happened in a decade.

What am I doing wrong also when it comes to getting into SERVICE LEVEL 2 and higher? Can anyone help with the proper procedure in getting in deeper into service modes? I'm embarrassed.

I'm becoming an old dog, I guess. Can any of you whipper-snappers throw me a bone, please? I'll return the favor eventually. I promise.

Thanks in advance.
    and

I'm sure it's a Environment sensor error.
    The fact that all your machines are now showing the same error indicate either all the drum heater switches have perhaps been switched off. Or that the room they're kept in has poor environment issues. Or maybe when putting the process covers back on you've not engaged all the lock levers that lock the cover. One off the cover locks will give you that error.. I think it's the far right lock.

Hope this gives you some useful ideas.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Joseph2011's Avatar

Re: Canon Imagepress C7000vpe Code E062-0100-05 on 4 presses at once!

Quote Originally Posted by Canonaid View Post
    and

I'm sure it's a Environment sensor error.
    The fact that all your machines are now showing the same error indicate either all the drum heater switches have perhaps been switched off. Or that the room they're kept in has poor environment issues. Or maybe when putting the process covers back on you've not engaged all the lock levers that lock the cover. One off the cover locks will give you that error.. I think it's the far right lock.

Hope this gives you some useful ideas.
    Hello
    To resolve this error you have to follow the following steps
    1.- check in service mode level 1 DISPLAY / ANALOG / TEMP-Y
    The temperature of the cylinders by the code is yellow (must mark approx.
    35-40 degrees) if you mark -58 degrees. You should check the switch on the right side
    Which is in the top cap is a knob you should turn to be that bad
    Gives that error.
    2.- If you only mark low temperature in the yellow cylinder you must remove the unit
    Of the yellow cylinder and clean the cylinder contacts as well as the unit contacts
    3.- If you still have this problem you should keep track of the cables that go
    To the switch or to change the switch (and it has happened to me 2 times that the switch is
    bad).
    4.- If nothing works, you should check the PCB that is of the heaters
    It may be that some fuse is short or replace the PCB.

good luck

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon Imagepress C7000vpe Code E062-0100-05 on 4 presses at once!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldoc1976 View Post

Thanks in advance.

1.--u don't need to go past service level 2

2. E062 0100-------
    Checked the drum temps in service mode under Display-Analog-DR-TMP-Y,M,C,K.
    Make sure drums are not missing heater contacts

Inspect and replace any blown fuses (part number VD7-2892-001) on the Environmental Drum Heater Driver PCB.

Replace the Environmental Heater Driver PCB (FM2-2253-000).

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Just make sure if you've had the panel that hides the corona assemblies off, that you ensure that the latch on the right side is in correctly. That triggers the master switch for drum heaters...I've left the cover off before and forgot to put a cheater in. You can stick a jig into the switch with the panel off to test if that was the problem. I had one of the panels bow on me once and it used to disconnect randomly.