Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon IPF 8300

Technician

Canon IPF 8300

After printing in service mode about 50m2 canvas, I noticed that ink stays in same position without calculating consumed ink. Is there a way in service mode to change ink level on Canon 8300?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IPF 8300

Re: Canon IPF 8300

what about the RUI, what is it reading?
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IPF 8300

Quote Originally Posted by makadam View Post
    After printing in service mode about 50m2 canvas, I noticed that ink stays in same position without calculating consumed ink. Is there a way in service mode to change ink level on Canon 8300?
    I definitely don't understand. If you think that the machine is not properly calculating ink levels, exactly how will you determine what the correct ink level is? That's assuming that that information can be "programmed" (and it probably can't be). Do you realize that 50m2 is not very much paper or ink (assuming a 3' wide roll x ~55')? Perhaps it has not changed significantly yet.

The machine calculates ink usage based on the number of times the printhead nozzles actuate. Can you count the number of bubbles of ink on the page? I sure can't. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I definitely don't understand. If you think that the machine is not properly calculating ink levels, exactly how will you determine what the correct ink level is? That's assuming that that information can be "programmed" (and it probably can't be). Do you realize that 50m2 is not very much paper or ink (assuming a 3' wide roll x ~55')? Perhaps it has not changed significantly yet.

The machine calculates ink usage based on the number of times the printhead nozzles actuate. Can you count the number of bubbles of ink on the page? I sure can't. =^..^=
    Printer consume about 12ml per m2 and for 50m2 it is about 600ml total ink. There is no way that all 12 inks have same level as before. On machine is installed 12 pcs 700ml inks. One printhead is gone and I noticed that in service mode I can print jobs without problem and nozzle check is ok. I think there is time limitation for printheads because this one is old more than 750 days. If I run account manager I can calculate total consumed ink from the jobs but main question is CAN I make ink level correction in service mode. I read in service manual that ink level is calculated by the dot count on the basis of the EEPROM information. It is obvous that when printer is working in service mode does not change eeprom file! I

"a) The ink level in each ink tank is memorized in EEPROM attached to the tank and is detected as a dot count on the basis of the EEPROM information.When an electrode attached to a hollow needle detects no continuity, it displays a message reporting that the ink tank is nearly empty.If the dot count reaches a predesigned value in this state, an ink out condition is assumed."

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

As the heads age in these machines, they will have to use more ink to keep the head from having clogs and head errors...

Try updating the F/W on the machine - end users can do it.

If you squeezed over 750 days - which is over 2 years - for one of these heads without having problems, then congrats.