Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: frim ware

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    jeddah
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    frim ware

    have a machine irc 2550 it gave E602-001 put a new HDD cant format or put firm error
    pls need instruction from any old copier expert

    thanks


  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Tuzla
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: frim ware

    Hello this message will be if HDD serial number isnt on the sst filter list...try to modificate list..


  3. #3
    Field Service Engineer 1,000+ Posts
    frim ware

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,197
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: frim ware

    First did you fit a Canon HDD or just any one? It needs to me the correct one or you wont be able to install the system software. I buy an identical one from eBay.

    Next you install the firmware onto the SST tool, create a USB boot stick put this into the copier, start the copier in safe mode then you get the option to format & install the software.

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: frim ware

    Quote Originally Posted by BtPavic View Post
    Hello this message will be if HDD serial number isnt on the sst filter list...try to modificate list..
    Try to add in the list the P/N of your new HDD (not the serial number). I did this on a iR2200 some time ago. I changed the file " iR2200-XXxx0013-HDFormat.ift". Good luck !


  5. #5
    Field Service Engineer 1,000+ Posts
    frim ware

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,197
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: frim ware

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    Try to add in the list the P/N of your new HDD (not the serial number). I did this on a iR2200 some time ago. I changed the file " iR2200-XXxx0013-HDFormat.ift". Good luck !

    ^^^^ This will only work on the old IR2200/3300 it is not possible on later machines, the system software is encrypted & cannot be modified!


    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  6. #6
    Tech Specialist 1,000+ Posts Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southwestern Ontario
    Posts
    1,477
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: frim ware

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    First did you fit a Canon HDD or just any one? It needs to me the correct one or you wont be able to install the system software. I buy an identical one from eBay.

    Next you install the firmware onto the SST tool, create a USB boot stick put this into the copier, start the copier in safe mode then you get the option to format & install the software.
    Not necessary to install to USB...just install it to copier through crossover cable and SST


  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    frim ware


    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: frim ware

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    Try to add in the list the P/N of your new HDD (not the serial number). I did this on a iR2200 some time ago. I changed the file " iR2200-XXxx0013-HDFormat.ift". Good luck !
    This was the last series mach you can edit the IFT, not possible on the mach he is working on due to encryption

    When I started servicing copiers they used toaster ovens for fusers.....I'm old

  8. #8
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    frim ware

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,153
    Rep Power
    213

    Re: frim ware

    Quote Originally Posted by imran181070 View Post
    have a machine irc 2550 it gave E602-001 put a new HDD cant format or put firm error
    pls need instruction from any old copier expert

    thanks
    ==================================================

    u need OEM Canon HDD----------


    a SATA HDD will require additional hardware to fit in product

    see attachment--------- Adoption of the SATA Hard Disk Drive




    FM4-4379-000 1 HDD, WD800JB PATA HDD
    CZG,CZS,CZU,DBC,DBM

    FK2-8352-000 1 HDD, ST3160316CS SATA HDD
    CZH,CZJ,CZK,CZR,CZT,\nCZY,CZZ,DAH,DAZ,DBB,
    \nDBD,DBE,DBF,DBG,DBN,\nDBT,DBU,DBV,DBW,DBX,
    \nDBY,DBZ,DCA,DCE,DCF,\nDCK,DCL,DCM,DCP,DCQ


    Attached Files Attached Files
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here