Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon IR 1022 light prints

Client called to fix light printing on his machine, we replaced toner bootle and drum unit but still prints are dim.

I can see the bottle is spinning so its actuallyh feeding toner to the machine but, is there something im missing? other than the light printing theres no other defects, no lines or spots.

any ideas welcome.

Technician

Re: Canon IR 1022 light prints

Did you change or test the developer unit?
    Have you an example for us?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CS0523 View Post
    Did you change or test the developer unit?
    Have you an example for us?
    no dev assy test yet, ill scan a print and upload it.

EDIT: not sure if this pic shows the issue, but is just a really dim print in both copies and prints, and toner bootlņe is brand new.

On bigger Canon m,achines theres a service code to feed toner to the dev assy, does anyhone know if this machine has it too?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LTTP; 08-14-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Went to site yesterday and after polishing the drum unit prints quality improved but still theres a white band on the left side of the page, attached a scan of an internal print.

Dev roller looks OK, my guess would be a blade but not sure.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LTTP View Post
    Client called to fix light printing on his machine, we replaced toner bootle and drum unit but still prints are dim.

I can see the bottle is spinning so its actuallyh feeding toner to the machine but, is there something im missing? other than the light printing theres no other defects, no lines or spots.

any ideas welcome.

did you clean the laser glass? how does transfer roller look?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    did you clean the laser glass? how does transfer roller look?
    transfer roiller looks good to me, i have experience remanufacturing toner cartridges so i know how a bad magnetic roller looks like, im confident thats not the issue, machine had a LOT of toner inside, i bet they tranbsport it on a car with the bootle inside and it spit toner all over the place, couldnt clean the laser glass cause they are busy prinitng stuff (its an elementary school) so they told us to come back tomorrow.

Did a quick inspetcion from the left door where the drum unis is located but couldnīt see the laser glass there... all i could see is a little metallic door like 1/3 inch by 3 inches wide, is this where the glass is?

EDIT: found a video about cleaning the laser glass o0n a similar machine, is this process the same for an IR 1025?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Y1lB1lDr4&vl=en
    Last edited by LTTP; 08-15-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LTTP View Post
    transfer roiller looks good to me, i have experience remanufacturing toner cartridges so i know how a bad magnetic roller looks like, im confident thats not the issue, machine had a LOT of toner inside, i bet they tranbsport it on a car with the bootle inside and it spit toner all over the place, couldnt clean the laser glass cause they are busy prinitng stuff (its an elementary school) so they told us to come back tomorrow.

Did a quick inspetcion from the left door where the drum unis is located but couldnīt see the laser glass there... all i could see is a little metallic door like 1/3 inch by 3 inches wide, is this where the glass is?

EDIT: found a video about cleaning the laser glass o0n a similar machine, is this process the same for an IR 1025?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Y1lB1lDr4&vl=en
    you should be able to clean the glass from the cavity where drum goes... not sure on that model if there is a metal shutter or not... but look above the drum in that cavity