Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon iR Advance C2020H blurry image on BK after error E020-0360

Please help!! I had this error E020-0360 appears on my iR Advance C2020H last week. Updated the latest firmware. I had already replace a new Toner Feed and Rail Assembly. Clean the Laser Unit including the polygon, Patch Sensor Unit and the ITB as well. Lastly, replace a new BK Drum. Viola!! The error gone but come this nightmare. The print out become very blurry images only on the black. The Drum only can last less than 5000 copies. Cyan, Magenta and Yellow is still acceptable. Herewith have attached a sample of PG10 for references. Please advise. Thank you!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Canon iR Advance C2020H blurry image on BK after error E020-0360

Thats faded not blurry! Well from what I see.
    stick a drum if you can from a known working machine and see if the fault is still there.
    i would try another drum if I was you.

madas

Quote Originally Posted by madas View Post
    Thats faded not blurry! Well from what I see.
    stick a drum if you can from a known working machine and see if the fault is still there.
    i would try another drum if I was you.

madas

Thank you for the advice. Yes, I had try putting it on other working unit. The result is same. Black is totally look like gray. Actually this is the second BK Drum unit already parked inside this machine. The 1st Drum managed to get around 7000 copies. And this one less than 5000 copies only. I afaid if I replace another Drum, it will happen again. As where I lived, the Drum is quite expensive here.

Back to 3 years back, I had encountered the same issues regarding this fault. After replaced almost everythings such as ITB, ATR, LSU, HVT and all Controller PCB also cannot solve the issues. I already refered this matter to our local authorize but they also unable to solve the fault. Finally the unit is just use a a scrap unit.

Once again, thank you for helping!!

Technician

Try to change the toner hopper unit (BLACK) .It will solve your problem,if it come again you maybe need to change the Black drum unit set together

Quote Originally Posted by freedomseahorse:574634
    Try to change the toner hopper unit (BLACK) .It will solve your problem,if it come again you maybe need to change the Black drum unit set together

Hi Sir, I already replace a new Toner Feed Hopper with new Drum Rail Assembly all together with new BK Drum. But still the issue is still there. I mean after I replace those parts, the print out is good. But after fews days, the faded black coming back. My customer is quite a heavy users. Before this I had check all the contacting point to make sure everything is good. Do I miss some other step in this matter!! Thank you.

Heavy use and Irc2020 don't werk well together
    How much coverage is there per page ? Is it just text or is is he allmost printing black pages ?
    I had a customer printing full color constuction drawings with a 2020, I kept replacing drums... (Color in this case)...

After repacing the black drum it's ok for a while ?
    Johan

Technician

did u guys solved this problem? i got this prob 3 times already. changed toner feed, new rail, and new drum unit.. after a few month, this error come again.. got no idea whats the real problem.. help me 😰