Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ip address on c7055

I have successfully cleared the password etc on the machine and I can now get into the network menu to try and update ip address however nothing I do seems to 'stick'

if I select dchp and restart it doesn't pick up an address and defaults to one in the 10.x range
    if I manually enter the details it might stick for the restart but then I can't access the machine via the ip address and it doesn't respond to pings etc.

What am I missing in order to attach this machine to my network?

does it make a difference that it has a fiery attached?

Thanks for your help
    Chris

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ip address on c7055

Re: ip address on c7055

Quote Originally Posted by chrisio View Post
    I have successfully cleared the password etc on the machine and I can now get into the network menu to try and update ip address however nothing I do seems to 'stick'

if I select dchp and restart it doesn't pick up an address and defaults to one in the 10.x range
    if I manually enter the details it might stick for the restart but then I can't access the machine via the ip address and it doesn't respond to pings etc.

What am I missing in order to attach this machine to my network?

does it make a difference that it has a fiery attached?

Thanks for your help
    Chris
    yes it does... what is the IP address for the fiery ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi.

I realise that now. I unplugged the fiery and connected the printer direct to the network and it's got an ip address.

How do I find out what the ip of the fiery is? Is that a menu option for the fiery or do I just use a ip scanner and hope I hit on it?

Cheers
    Chris

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ip address on c7055

Quote Originally Posted by chrisio View Post
    Hi.

I realise that now. I unplugged the fiery and connected the printer direct to the network and it's got an ip address.

How do I find out what the ip of the fiery is? Is that a menu option for the fiery or do I just use a ip scanner and hope I hit on it?

Cheers
    Chris
    reconnect the net cable to the fiery ..at a networked station ...from command prompt..do an "IPCONFIG/all" it should report all the ip addys found from your desktop to the server/fiery.. it should mention which is which.

ipconfig /all gives you your IP adresses in use by all of your adapters (Ethernet, WiFi, Mobile) it doesn't give you all IP adresses of devices connected to your network or adapter... It would be an extreme list if that was the case and if your connected to the internet.

10.x is not default, a timeout on DHCP gives out a 169.x.x IP. the 10.x might be the range the Printer and Fiery where in before. I'd download "advanced ip scanner" set my laptop to a 10.x range IP and run an IP scan...
    Johan