Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Missing block in iPF8100 nozzle check

I was having quite a few errors and issues with my iPF8100 which caused me to eventually replace both heads, the head PCB, and the carriage PCB. That finally fixed the primary issues and the printer came back online. Since then, I've noticed it will fail a nozzle check and one of the blocks is missing when printing a nozzle pattern, see the photo below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/36szmsuiio..._0168.JPG?dl=0

I then replaced all three ribbon cables from the head PCB to the carriage PCB with no different results. I even tried replacing the head again with a spare I have and I'm getting the exact same result. Any idea what other component could possibly cause this? It will print, and there is only minimal banding on black at higher speed, but obviously I'd rather not have half the black nozzles missing. Thanks!

ckendco

Re: Missing block in iPF8100 nozzle check

Quote Originally Posted by cutmoney View Post
    I was having quite a few errors and issues with my iPF8100 which caused me to eventually replace both heads, the head PCB, and the carriage PCB. That finally fixed the primary issues and the printer came back online. Since then, I've noticed it will fail a nozzle check and one of the blocks is missing when printing a nozzle pattern, see the photo below:

Dropbox - Link not found

I then replaced all three ribbon cables from the head PCB to the carriage PCB with no different results. I even tried replacing the head again with a spare I have and I'm getting the exact same result. Any idea what other component could possibly cause this? It will print, and there is only minimal banding on black at higher speed, but obviously I'd rather not have half the black nozzles missing. Thanks!

Did you ever correct your problem with the nozzle block? I am having a similar issue. I have replaced the head twice now with identical check results... missing upper black block on my left print head. I am suspecting that the head is not completely filling during the replenishing ink cycle because this cycle snags whenever I install a new print head. That requires me to pull the power plug to get out of the replenishing ink cycle. Anyone experience similar situation?