Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician
    Canon ImageRunner C5235 jams after removing fuser unit

Hey Guys,

We have a Canon IR C5235 copier machine which we use daily to print manuals.
    Today one of the guys accidentally left a piece of plastic in between the paper stack which rolled on the fuser fixing film. I took the fuser unit apart and removed the piece of plastic, then put it back together and installed it back on the machine. Now every time I try to print, the paper jams by hitting a small screw right under, middle of the fuser unit. Looks like paper does not get properly guided into to the fuser unit.
    I would really appreciate if you guys could give me a hint or advise on the issue. Not sure if I am able to attach images since this is my first post. I will try to upload a photo pointing the small screw where paper hits it.

Thanks in advance!

Technician

Re: Canon ImageRunner C5235 jams after removing fuser unit

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post

what's the jamcode?

with kind regards
    Copyfan

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Burdy500 View Post
    what's the jamcode?

with kind regards
    Copyfan
    Hey Burdy500,
    I will need to enter service mode I guess to see the jamcode. Not sure how to enter service mode on my copier.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

I believe there is a black plastic guide that is fastened with that screw. Check to see if the guide is sitting properly. It has slots to keep it flush, then is screwed in to keep it stable. It almost looks like that guide is missing in your pic, can't exactly tell.

You would be best served having a technician in to look at this.

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    I believe there is a black plastic guide that is fastened with that screw. Check to see if the guide is sitting properly. It has slots to keep it flush, then is screwed in to keep it stable. It almost looks like that guide is missing in your pic, can't exactly tell.
    when the screw does nothing you could get it away....

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    You would be best served having a technician in to look at this.
    Thanks Roho for your reply.
    I am trying to avoid dealing with Canon Corporate as I have had very bad experience with them so far. This would be my last resort. If you guys know a reputable independent technician or local company in Palm Beach, FL area I would be glad to call in a service.
    Would it be possible the plastic wrap piece which got dragged into the fuser may have ripped that plastic guard and transfer belt moved it inside the copier? It is a pretty wild guess. I don't see any plastic levers or anything to lift the transfer belt up. It looks like paper does not get rolled onto the transfer belt way before going into the fuser. There are total of 3 screws aligned to that same metal bracket.
    Again I have only touched the fuser unit. I pulled it out and back in 10+ times with the hope I could notice something.

Thanks again.
    Bellow couple more zoomed out pics.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post
    Hey Guys,

We have a Canon IR C5235 copier machine which we use daily to print manuals.
    Today one of the guys accidentally left a piece of plastic in between the paper stack which rolled on the fuser fixing film. I took the fuser unit apart and removed the piece of plastic, then put it back together and installed it back on the machine. Now every time I try to print, the paper jams by hitting a small screw right under, middle of the fuser unit. Looks like paper does not get properly guided into to the fuser unit.
    I would really appreciate if you guys could give me a hint or advise on the issue. Not sure if I am able to attach images since this is my first post. I will try to upload a photo pointing the small screw where paper hits it.

Thanks in advance!
    Item 9 needs to be on fixing film unit. If it is not it will jam.
    5235 fuser.jpg

I now have been able to check your pic against a machine. The paper never travels along the ITB. It travels up the side of the machine from the cassette and into the fuser. You must have done something to the fuser as it is not allowing the paper to feed into it and is curling it to that screw on the frame. The fuser has a black plastic inlet guide, make sure this is properly mounted. You will need to remove the fuser again, check if everything is fit together right. What did you take apart on that fuser? Check those areas carefully.