Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AdvC5035 ghost image


    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lewisville
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    0

    AdvC5035 ghost image

    I have an Adv C5035 in the field that is getting a ghost image, see attached. Swapping out the developer unit (and a new toner) fixed the issue in the field. I am trying to narrow down what the problem actually is back in the shop. The copier only has 140k on it so I don't think the developer is at the end of its life. I am afraid the customer may have purchased bad black toner, even though it is OEM. I'm trying to run the toner out of the dv unit by making a bunch of black copies but each b/w copy wraps around the lower fuser roller. You can run solid cyan, magenta or yellow copies with no jam but not black. Has anyone experienced this before?hilton color example.pdfhilton blk example.pdf


  2. #2
    Technician Burdy500's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Meppel
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: AdvC5035 ghost image

    hi there this happens when you use non Canon toner
    no other reason known overhere

    with kind regards
    Copyfan


  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: AdvC5035 ghost image

    Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    I'm trying to run the toner out of the dv unit by making a bunch of black copies but each b/w copy wraps around the lower fuser roller. You can run solid cyan, magenta or yellow copies with no jam but not black. Has anyone experienced this before?hilton color example.pdfhilton blk example.pdf
    how are you running the black pages? I normally do "sky shots". open the ADF put several sheets of paper over the leading 1" edge of the platen glass. Block the toner supply tube from allowing toner to enter the dev unit... make between 20-30 sky shots ... the machine should then ask for toner. remove the bock on the supply tube... allow the dev unit to fill back up and go thru the Auto Density Adjustment procedure.

    Ghosting is usually coming from either the drum unit or the fuser... you say the drum has 140k on it... how long has it been in the machine? is it an OEM drum? what is the life of those drums?


  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AdvC5035 ghost image


    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lewisville
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: AdvC5035 ghost image

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    how are you running the black pages? I normally do "sky shots". open the ADF put several sheets of paper over the leading 1" edge of the platen glass. Block the toner supply tube from allowing toner to enter the dev unit... make between 20-30 sky shots ... the machine should then ask for toner. remove the bock on the supply tube... allow the dev unit to fill back up and go thru the Auto Density Adjustment procedure.

    Ghosting is usually coming from either the drum unit or the fuser... you say the drum has 140k on it... how long has it been in the machine? is it an OEM drum? what is the life of those drums?

    I just ran the black test sheet and it jams every time. We did replace the black drum, transfer belt, transfer roller and fuser before finally trying the developer unit


  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts roho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: AdvC5035 ghost image

    Increase the lead edge in service mode, you will likely have more success with the black prints.


  6. #6
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AdvC5035 ghost image


    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lewisville
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: AdvC5035 ghost image

    Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Increase the lead edge in service mode, you will likely have more success with the black prints.
    Thanks. Also, do these developers come with Starter? I always thought you could vaccum out a developer unit in the event of bad toner but someone told me these units come with starter and I shouldn't vacuum it out?


  7. #7
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts roho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: AdvC5035 ghost image

    Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    Thanks. Also, do these developers come with Starter? I always thought you could vaccum out a developer unit in the event of bad toner but someone told me these units come with starter and I shouldn't vacuum it out?
    They are preset up with the correct dev/starter ratio. I don't believe starter is available for this model. Canon doesn't recommend flipping these from machine to machine as it can cause errors. I have never vacuumed any advanced dev units, not like the old CLC days. You could run black skyshots and use a strip of paper on the glass, causing a larger lead blank. It may take quite a while to "flush" it out though.


  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts SAZ911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    GABORONE
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: AdvC5035 ghost image

    Hi,

    Have you checked the contacts between the black drum unit and the image process assy, earthing tabs...

    Looks to me like your black drum is not discharging before the next copy or the pre exposure is not quite wright, and is not eliminating any residual charges on the drum....

    hope this helps you

    SAZ911..........

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here