Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Canon iradv 500 faded copies/prints

I have a Canon iradv 500 i Model normally a very reliable mc. I have very faded copies and prints only just legible. Looks like the issue you would get with compatible toner or v.poor paper lacking any contrast or depth.
    It uses genuine toner and has had new drum and dev unit Ive stopped the mc on a sky shot and checked image on drum its hardly there so Im ruling out transfer but not completely as Im open to any suggestions.
    Ive had the laser out and checked the laser. Ive tried messing about with settings in service mode 1 at a time such as laser dev and density.All settings have no effect at all.
    Ive taken the HV assembly out that sits above the laser and reformed the springs and cleaned to ensure good connection. Ive checked drum earths etc.
    Im leaning towards HV Unit but would appreciate another perspective.Anyone any ideas or had similar prob on this model

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon iradv 500 faded copies/prints

Re: Canon iradv 500 faded copies/prints

Quote Originally Posted by tekkie View Post
    I have a Canon iradv 500 i Model normally a very reliable mc. I have very faded copies and prints only just legible. Looks like the issue you would get with compatible toner or v.poor paper lacking any contrast or depth.
    It uses genuine toner and has had new drum and dev unit Ive stopped the mc on a sky shot and checked image on drum its hardly there so Im ruling out transfer but not completely as Im open to any suggestions.
    Ive had the laser out and checked the laser. Ive tried messing about with settings in service mode 1 at a time such as laser dev and density.All settings have no effect at all.
    Ive taken the HV assembly out that sits above the laser and reformed the springs and cleaned to ensure good connection. Ive checked drum earths etc.
    Im leaning towards HV Unit but would appreciate another perspective.Anyone any ideas or had similar prob on this model
    ================================================== ========================================
    ADVANCE 400iF/500iF

Light image on prints and copies.

The following items were performed or parts were replaced with no resolution:

- Re-seated and replaced the static eliminator.
    - A DCON clear was performed and the door specifications were entered.
    - In checking the image on the drum it was light. CHECKED /
    - Re-seated the drum and developing unit
    - Replaced the drum and the developer unit.

Replacing the Laser Unit resolved low density on prints and copies.
    FM0-1846-010 = LASER SCANNER UNIT part number.

Light on Internal Prints n' Copies
    also u can suspect the HVT
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon iradv 500 faded copies/prints

Thanks for the advice I took a new HV Unit plus a laser from workshop machine.
    It turned out to be the HV Unit.These mcs are very reliable normally just run and run with no problem but I suspected the HV particularly when I tried ordering it from Canon the part number was not on Canon portal it had been changed to a completely different number to the one in parts manual suggesting possible faults on the units