Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

Canon ipf 750 purge unit repair

Ill be thankful if any one can advice me how to clean purge unit in the canon ipf 750
    beacuse im facing a problem that i saw collection of inks gathering up the solid sponge that located above the purge unit,i removed the two pads and cleaned it by bh38 chamical ,and also vocumed on the pipes of the purge till open, it works and after 2 weeks or more ,the problem came again and the head nozzles closed . If any one have vedio or pdf how to clean it ill b thankful , by the way the ipf counter 1000m2 ,and replaced the head cos it closed from the purge problem.
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon ipf 750 purge unit repair

Re: Canon ipf 750 purge unit repair

Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    Ill be thankful if any one can advice me how to clean purge unit in the canon ipf 750
    beacuse im facing a problem that i saw collection of inks gathering up the solid sponge that located above the purge unit,i removed the two pads and cleaned it by bh38 chamical ,and also vocumed on the pipes of the purge till open, it works and after 2 weeks or more ,the problem came again and the head nozzles closed . If any one have vedio or pdf how to clean it ill b thankful , by the way the ipf counter 1000m2 ,and replaced the head cos it closed from the purge problem.

Check You Tube
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Hi,

Not sure on the environment of your machine, but i have found that if it is not air conditioned and you have a lot of dust, the purge unit clogs up pretty quick as the dust makes the ink in the purge until gets thick and sticky.

I have never used anything but luke warm (not hot) water to rinse the solid sponge units, also i feed water into the top, where the sponges sit and manually rotate the purge unit so that it flushes the tubes of the ink, you should see ink come out the bottom hoses which would run to your maintenance cartridge, be sure to have some rags to collect the ink or could be a very messy job. If you don't get any ink/water coming through either of the two pipes then you probably have a blockage in your suction pump, in this case it will be very difficult to clean so replacement may be necessary,

Also keep in mind that, compared to a print-head, a purge unit is cheaper, so it may be worth replacing seeing as it ruins your print-heads.....

Good luck....
    SAZ911..........

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Check You Tube
    I couldnt find videos on you tube😩
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Quote Originally Posted by SAZ911 View Post
    Hi,

Not sure on the environment of your machine, but i have found that if it is not air conditioned and you have a lot of dust, the purge unit clogs up pretty quick as the dust makes the ink in the purge until gets thick and sticky.

I have never used anything but luke warm (not hot) water to rinse the solid sponge units, also i feed water into the top, where the sponges sit and manually rotate the purge unit so that it flushes the tubes of the ink, you should see ink come out the bottom hoses which would run to your maintenance cartridge, be sure to have some rags to collect the ink or could be a very messy job. If you don't get any ink/water coming through either of the two pipes then you probably have a blockage in your suction pump, in this case it will be very difficult to clean so replacement may be necessary,

Also keep in mind that, compared to a print-head, a purge unit is cheaper, so it may be worth replacing seeing as it ruins your print-heads.....

Good luck....

thanks for your explanation, but honestly as i said bofre some times the machine didnt work too much and this happened,and about purge unit price i heard that it expensive similar to the head in our country and also its not easy to replace it cos it yeilds too much

thNks again

thanks for your explanation, but honestly as i said bofre some times the machine didnt work too much and this happened,and about purge unit price i heard that it expensive similar to the head in our country and also its not easy to replace it cos it yeilds too much

thNks again
    Hi,

Maybe its worth trying to order online,

We usually pay about $550 - $600 for a PF-04 and about $200 - $250 for Purge unit.

Also i have noticed that if a plotter is run regularly, (everyday) you will have less issues in general, as the ink keeps flowing, but once the machine sits for a while, things begin to dry up and the ink in the purge gets all sticky. i always tell my clients to print at least an A4 full color every couple of days if they don't have work for it, just to keep the ink flowing, also the cleaning process will flush the head before print, which should help it live a little longer....

We also ask our clients to put the plotters in an air conditioned environment so as to keep the dust down, and lastly we ask for the device to be put through UPS as the main controllers are very sensitive and usually go faulty if you sneeze hard near them.

Good Luck....
    SAZ911..........